BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In spite of the few little glitches, my STG-44 shoots like a dream. I love it. This is from this morning. 35 rounds at 25 yards. That is a 3 in. circle. The flyers at the top are from when I was adjusting my sites before this string. All 35 were within 1-1/2 in. It will shoot better than my old eyes can see to hold it.

<a href="http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/woodcarver92/media/35at25.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/woodcarver92/35at25.jpg</a>

Very good shooting!
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Repro Sling

Yea, it's a repro but so is the rifle. Decent quality though. Good guy to do business with.

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 1:02:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm doing a trade with a guy for a brand new one. Has the shooting low problem been solved?
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm doing a trade with a guy for a brand new one. Has the shooting low problem been solved?

I've got an early one, and mine has never done that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I just saw one at a LGS the other day, neat rifle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I wound up filing down my front sight to get it to zero. Wasn't that hard, find a thin file that will fit between the sight hood and sit down at the range and go at it, taking a little at a time. The metal seems pretty soft so it didn't take long.

On the sling I used and old yugo mauser sling, cheap and it looks good on it.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Repro Sling

Yea, it's a repro but so is the rifle. Decent quality though. Good guy to do business with.

Yes, he is.  I got my sling yesterday (I get the rifle itself Thursday).  Hand-written "thank you" note in the package.  That's kinda rare these days!

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I finally caved and picked one of these up today...

This is a huge .22!   I hope to get a few rounds through it tomorrow. I had a little trouble getting the stock pin in, but that's the only issue so far.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just picked one up yesterday.  Had some credit $500 at the LGS for a gun order that was never going to come, so I cancelled it and got one of these.  Nice gun.  Every who has seen it so far is impressed. Going to give it a test shot this evening and then order more magazines.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I finally caved and picked one of these up today...

This is a huge .22!   I hope to get a few rounds through it tomorrow. I had a little trouble getting the stock pin in, but that's the only issue so far.
View Quote

It is a big .22, that's for sure.  I'm 5' 5", and the stock is a bit awkward for me.  Although the pull is ok, I had a bit of a time getting a good sight picture until I realized that what appears to be the top curve of the stock's wrist is actually the cheek rest.  So I have to stretch forward on the stock a bit more than I'm used to.  If this rifle is a dimensionally close replica, the original was definitely intended for taller soldiers!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally got one of these a few weeks ago, LGS had a few in stock, priced lower than the gun shows.  It ran flawlessly with Federal bulk and CCI tactical.  Does shoot low, and had one FTF, but that was a magazine issue.  Heavy, but a lot of fun.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
If anyone is having a magazine follower stick, I found what could be a solution.  As a California resident, I'm limited to 10-round mags.  On one of mine, the follower was rough and was sticking at the top of its travel, but the mag is permanently pinned closed by ATI, so I couldn't disassemble it to correct the binding.  Although ATI recommends the mag not be lubed, I have a small can of a Caig Labs product used to lubricate plastic sliders and other controls on audio-video gear.  I sprayed a quick burst into the mag through the feed lips with the follower held fully down, let it dry for a few minutes, and the sticking seems to have gone away.  The Caig Labs stuff is expensive, but I got it as part of a sample "A/V Survival Kit" they make.  I'm sure any decent electronics supply store would have something similar.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If anyone is having a magazine follower stick, I found what could be a solution.  As a California resident, I'm limited to 10-round mags.  On one of mine, the follower was rough and was sticking at the top of its travel, but the mag is permanently pinned closed by ATI, so I couldn't disassemble it to correct the binding.  Although ATI recommends the mag not be lubed, I have a small can of a Caig Labs product used to lubricate plastic sliders and other controls on audio-video gear.  I sprayed a quick burst into the mag through the feed lips with the follower held fully down, let it dry for a few minutes, and the sticking seems to have gone away.  The Caig Labs stuff is expensive, but I got it as part of a sample "A/V Survival Kit" they make.  I'm sure any decent electronics supply store would have something similar.
View Quote

One of my mags had that problem.  I shot the ammo, filled it up, shot that ammo, filled it up, shot that ammo and it has worked fine ever since...
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a great rifle and my only complaint, as has been noted by others, it shoots about six inches low.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone figured out how to replace (and with what) the captured pivot pin on the front of the pistol grip with a regular push pin?
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I haven't been keeping up on the STG-44 and have been kicking around the idea of getting one of these with the crate...what are these going for now and how is magazine price and availability?  I have seen the YouTube video of a full auto conversion of a STG-44 and it's awesome, the cyclic rate is really fast.
View Quote

$480- $500 or so. Mags are available.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

When I bought mine I thought the crate was a cool idea but now it just takes up space. All rifles live in safes, so the crate is actually a waste.
View Quote
I agree on the crate. I rather they deleted it in favor of a couple of spare mags. They could have a "collectors edition" with the crate, but an economy version in a cardboard with 2 or 3 mags as options.

It'd be great if they did this with the upcoming MP40 as well.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine came with the crate.  It's kind of cool but you wouldn't want to store or transport the rifle in it and it's too small to store much else.  If you like that kind of thing go for it but IMHO its only really good for display.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I would agree on the crate thing as well.  There are much better ways to transport it.  A soft or hard case will offer much more "scuff" resistance.  I got my extra mag from rimfiresports, 39.99 and free shipping.  I can't wait to shoot this thing.  Will be a great range companion to my s&w 15-22.  I love the substantial feel.  Really fits me well.

As a side note, when I pulled mine out of the crate the e-clip that holds together the windage assembly on the rear sight was broken.  I emailed ATI at about 11pm, and I had a reply at 8am the next morning with instructions on finding the part number on their site and to call.  I called and spoke to a very helpful woman who immediately recognized my issue from the email, and I had the clip in 2 days.  I'm impressed.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top