Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
9:15 is late for anybody to caom calling unannounced.  Prepared not paranoid

45ACP cocked and locked.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
This has always bugged me.

Let's say you are victim of a home invasion with multiple assailants. You to get to your gun and manage to take down some, but not all of them. The remainder are still in the house. Question is: Is it legal to put an "insurance" round into each heads of the downed perps to make sure they don't get up and attack from behind while you defend against the remaining invaders? Lots of times these people are all cranked up on drugs and the initial gunshot wounds may only have a temporary effect.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
As someone who had to take a course on firearms before being allowed to own one, and has to keep them all locked up, your all paranoid lucky bastards.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This has always bugged me.

Let's say you are victim of a home invasion with multiple assailants. You to get to your gun and manage to take down some, but not all of them. The remainder are still in the house. Question is: Is it legal to put an "insurance" round into each heads of the downed perps to make sure they don't get up and attack from behind while you defend against the remaining invaders? Lots of times these people are all cranked up on drugs and the initial gunshot wounds may only have a temporary effect.

Did you see my original post?  My levels consist of a handgun first, then if i need to fall back to my bedroom i have a shotgun, and if i need more firepower i have a loaded AK in the closest(farthest corner from my front door) If it comes to the AK and i still don't win, those are some damn good robbers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:54:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of false alarms......back in 96',I was living in an upstairs apt and was cooking a pork shoulder on the grill;I fell asleep on the couch watching NASCAR (1991A1 .45acp on the coffe table)when I was startled awake by someone beating on my back door...at 1st I thought that It was the cops(no,I am not wanted)
but cops usually anounce themselves by calling out "police" welll...no response from outside,NOW I'm pissed!!NOONE beats on MY door like that without having me react accordingly!!
I grab my .45 and open the door and put my pistol in between the eyes of a complete stranger!(thinking to myself;"who the fu*k is this?)The guy sees my pistol and PROBABLY pissed his pants as he stuttered to tell me........(it was then that I realized WHY he was beating on my door like that before he could even SAY why he was at my door)THAT MY BALCONY WAS ON FIRE!!!!(I could see the flames over his shoulder)I quickly appologized for putting the pistol in his face and told him THANKYOU for alerting me about the fire(a lose coal ember fell out of the grill and caught the wood decking on fire)And reminded him to remain CALM in times like this and NOT to panic.
NOW I had a fire to put out;Being upstairs,I had no acces to a water hose and the largest thing at my disposal was a 44oz BIG GULP to fight the fire with!LOL!!I even pissed on the fire to help put it out!LOL!!!!!
ANYWAY........the fire was extinguished,pork shoulder "crispy fried",good simaritan scared to death,balcony burned pretty good(superfical)(sp),and a ruined relaxing sunday afternoon.

Lesson learned:NEVER leave a fire unattended!
I'm glad that i learned without anyone getting hurt or destroying any property(I fixed the burnt decking myself)and getting sued!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
this happend to me i only had a snub 38 at the time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a few weapons readily available and a video camera wired to a monitor at each door. I don't think I'm paranoid, just safety concious.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top