Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need to take this discussion to IM's to stay within the Conduct Code.
View Quote
Will do.  Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had this happen

Dryflash helped me out it was  to much crimp on the extremes.  Not sure about the FMJ's  

Maybe pull a bullet to see if any crimp marks on the bullet......It does not take very much at all to leave a ring on the extremes
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had this happen

Dryflash helped me out it was  to much crimp on the extremes.  Not sure about the FMJ's  

Maybe pull a bullet to see if any crimp marks on the bullet......It does not take very much at all to leave a ring on the extremes
View Quote
Per previous posts no marks on pulled bullets and the bullets are coming out the same size before seating.

They shoot great out of 2 other guns so I believe it's the barrel in the 5" XD.  I have a Storm Lake barrel coming tomorrow I hope to test on Thursday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let us know how the new barrel shoots.
View Quote
This, and thanks for taking us along on this journey.  I am sitting on the sidelines, but I am learning along with you.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Tagging for how this turns out. 

Btw, I use plated bullets with TG and have noticed bits of plated lead in my suppressor on at least two occasions. 

Horandy dies, no crimp, 4.2gr of tg. 

ETA
Palmetto State armory Glock 19 threaded barrel. 
Have not noticed it with my Sig factory threaded barrel 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Well...it's official something was up with my stock barrel.  The new Storm Lake barrel shoots great!

Note holes on the edge of target at 9'o clock are 2 separate holes.

3.3gr of TG runs about 135pf in the new barrel.  I probably will drop it down to 3.1 or 3.2 just to soften the load up a bit.

Made things much easier during USPSA practice earlier when my bullets weren't flying sideways to the target

Now I just gotta figure out how to get the thread protector on a lil tighter so I don't have to tighten after every stage...but regardless I'm happy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe a 3/4 wrap of teflon tape will keep it on there, if not add a tad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Now I just gotta figure out how to get the thread protector on a lil tighter so I don't have to tighten after every stage...but regardless I'm happy.
View Quote
Pick up a bag of appropriately sized Viton o-rings.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad you got it figured out.

What is wrong with the stock barrel? Is the bore dia. too large, lands too small, ringed, bent...what?

I've followed along all this time and you change barrels and all is well now, curious what would cause those problems.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just placed an order for 500 .357 147gr Xtremes going to see if that helps at all in the Tactical.

I do have 2 slugging lead bullets somewhere I need to locate, once I do I will slug it and get a micrometer so I can properly measure instead of my cheapo Harbor Freight calipers.
View Quote
Did you ever slug the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well...it's official something was up with my stock barrel.  The new Storm Lake barrel shoots great!

https://s26.postimg.org/jbu85xs15/New_Barrel.jpg

Note holes on the edge of target at 9'o clock are 2 separate holes.

3.3gr of TG runs about 135pf in the new barrel.  I probably will drop it down to 3.1 or 3.2 just to soften the load up a bit.

Made things much easier during USPSA practice earlier when my bullets weren't flying sideways to the target

View Quote
Was this the 147s?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top