BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

April DUALS days sale on dual tube units absolutely ends at midnight Friday the 30th of April. Catch the most popular dual tube platform on sale now!
View Quote

Noooooooo. This is like the toy store closing for vacation when your birthday is a few days away. My refund check from the Lemneth scam hasn't been issued yet, but on the other hand and your history I'm sure you'll have other door buster deals/sales soon.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Had a ton of these go into production here recently and as of today the next order for BNVD XLS WP in line to ship is dated 12/17.
View Quote

Thank you for keeping us posted!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
12/17 ? That's me, that's me !

*anxiously checking email.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Had a ton of these go into production here recently and as of today the next order for BNVD XLS WP in line to ship is dated 12/17.
View Quote

Got my attention! I’m 2 weeks out at 12/30!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m not that far behind you guys, 01/10 getting pumped
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And before the freaking out and gathering of pitchforks and tar and feathers starts up by others that watch this thread and order dates religiously-

This customer ordered a FDE color dipped unit. We had an earlier dated customer order the same unit, then make a last minute cancellation of that unit. That already dipped housing had to be used for another order of the same color housing-  This is why this customer was shipped ahead of some of you that were before him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered 12/28, received “order ready” on 4/22.  Will post specs when it gets here, really looking forward to it

And before the freaking out and gathering of pitchforks and tar and feathers starts up by others that watch this thread and order dates religiously-

This customer ordered a FDE color dipped unit. We had an earlier dated customer order the same unit, then make a last minute cancellation of that unit. That already dipped housing had to be used for another order of the same color housing-  This is why this customer was shipped ahead of some of you that were before him.

Photo                   1681      2015

EBI                        .5            1.55

SNR                       29.3       29.5

FOM                     2226      2124

RES                       76           72

HALO                    .8            .8

No noticeable blems.  Second unit from Robert and VERY happy for the price on these binos.  Cerakote is very clean as well, pleasantly surprised that it came in early as a result of someone else cancelling their order.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a way to tighten up the eyepiece focus ring and take out any looseness in it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered direct from NVD November 2020. I’ve bought from JRH before, but went direct because at the time they had the same price and offered a 10 day inspection period without restock fee. I believe that is nolonger the case.

Specs:

SN: 27.8 / 28.2
Halo: 0.82 / 0.85
Res: 64 / 64
EBI: 0.59 / 1.28
Gain: 68563 / 69434
PC: 1748 / 1483 Ouch!

Extremely clean, one pepper flake zone 3 left, very faint fixed pattern noise in right tube under certain light conditions.

When ordering I was asked if I had any requests. I asked for higher spec with more blems over low spec. I seemed to get the opposite.

Really like the features on the BNVD-SG. Did not realize the BNVD-SG comes with the tactical monocular cutoff now, works well. I opted for FDE Cerakote and as someone else mentioned it is excellent. Probably the best application I have seen on a night vision device.

Dislikes: Really don’t like the diopter adjustment, easily bumped and doesn’t hold well. No infinity limit on objective and feels almost loose. I find myself adjusting both at least twice as much over normal 14 optics.

Has anyone else noticed secondary halos when around lights. I get banding and other reflection/refraction artifacts on both tubes that is not present on my other Gen 3 devices in the same conditions? Lenses appear to be coated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dislikes: Really don’t like the diopter adjustment, easily bumped and doesn’t hold well. No infinity limit on objective and feels almost loose. I find myself adjusting both at least twice as much over normal 14 optics.
View Quote

Agreed. Mine are loose
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine were pretty loose as well.  So much so I accidently rotated the entire eyepiece assembly.  Fortunately they took it back, recollimated it and did something so the looseness/wigglyness wasn't so bad.  If you look there is a little hole where they use a pin or something to lock the eyepiece in but mine wasn't set very tight which caused it to rotate.  Also the diopter was not set correctly, I found I had to set mine to -2 when I have zero diopters of vision correction necessary (perfect vision).  Not a big deal as it's still able to be set but I recall a long lost thread where some nerds were talking about "quality" NV will have it set correctly from the factory.  I took that with a grain of salt though.

I do agree a "normal" pvs14 seems much easier to adjust, but they still work fine though!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed. Mine are loose
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Mine are loose

Same here they feel loose and I don’t really care for them much.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ordered direct from NVD November 2020. I’ve bought from JRH before, but went direct because at the time they had the same price and offered a 10 day inspection period without restock fee. I believe that is nolonger the case.
View Quote

I noticed that as well, NVD now sells directly to the public for pretty good price (cheaper than what I paid!).  That's pretty good they offered you a 10 day return window!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Mine are loose

Maybe Robert could direct their attention to this thread so they can get the issue fixed going forward?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Haven't seen an issue with the ones I've received in here. I know if you force the rotation it can cause problems.

Let me see what I can find out.
View Quote

To be clear, I will gladly take the new diopter adjustment in trade for getting the monocular cutoff from the BNVD-UL line. It just seems like a downgrade from the PVS-14 diopter adjustment. Overall, I really like the feature set compared to other offerings.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Haven't seen an issue with the ones I've received in here. I know if you force the rotation it can cause problems.

Let me see what I can find out.
View Quote

What did you find out about this?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you receive yours? If so, how’s it look?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait is killing me! I may have to take up underwater basket weaving to help pass the time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait is killing me! I may have to take up underwater basket weaving to help pass the time.
View Quote
Should be worth it!

John- what month are you currently shipping orders from? Last I read was around December time frame.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gone out of office for a couple days training.

I believe the next order in line to ship for BNVD single gain WP XLS is from 12/17   I will verify Tuesday when I'm back in the office.

You are NOT charged until your order is ready to ship.
View Quote
Thanks!
I ordered less than a month ago, gonna be a LONG wait!

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not yet. Fingers still crossed for an any day now email.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know if the newer style eye piece has the standard pvs14 eye cup retaining ring?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Woohoo! Just got the email mine went into production! Order date of 12/30.

So stoked! Thanks Robert!
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Came home today to my 12/17 order confirmation.

CC has been charged. Standing by my mailbox anxiously awaiting my package !
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Came home today to my 12/17 order confirmation.

CC has been charged. Standing by my mailbox anxiously awaiting my package !
View Quote

Post up some pictures and specs when yours come in.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Hellll yeahhhhh, I’m right around the corner then!
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:58:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Another little push.... and we are up to 1/4. Next order in line to ship of the XLS WP BNVD Single gain control units was placed on January 4th.

For the folks that ordered in Jan and Feb for these units- if ANY info has changed on the order, contact us to update it. We do not charge until it's ready to ship but once your unit goes into production things start moving fast, so it's critical to have any info updated ahead of time.

And the Memorial Day sale on these units absolutely ends midnight on Memorial Day.

View Quote

Less than a month away from my order date!!!

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Days away from me! Whew I’m STOKED
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#34]
January 10, 2021 order headed to production! Just got my email re deposit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got tracking info! Won’t be long now!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#36]
12/17 here and still waiting.

CC charged $620 but no tracking info yet.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Whole slew of tracking numbers went out a little while ago on email. Check your email. I don't see anything pending with a NH address at this point. As the Order ready action required email states it can be a few days before it ships after you get that email letting you know the card is going to be charged- since we don't charge till it goes into production. Double check your spam filter or send me a direct email if your not seeing all these emails we send.
[email protected]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12/17 here and still waiting.

CC charged $620 but no tracking info yet.

Whole slew of tracking numbers went out a little while ago on email. Check your email. I don't see anything pending with a NH address at this point. As the Order ready action required email states it can be a few days before it ships after you get that email letting you know the card is going to be charged- since we don't charge till it goes into production. Double check your spam filter or send me a direct email if your not seeing all these emails we send.
[email protected]

Sounds good. Since my CC was charged it must be in production.??

Thank you for the prompt communication.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I dug through a ton of orders last night, the only one to NH (what your avatar is showing) was a customer TG. If your TG all of the many emails were sent to the email address you used on the order form starting in "kis..." And yes your order shipped, tracking WAS emailed to you as well as the "Order ready action required" email. I just Re-sent the invoice and tracking email to the @comcast.net email address you used on the order form and CC'ed myself on the email and it did NOT bounce. It's there in the email you used for the order. Might be in your spam filter, dunno but can't control that part. Titled "Invoice and tracking" and it's been sent twice now. Often times people have multiple email addresses, use one for an order and forget which one they used, etc. It sounds like you have missed multiple emails?

Once again if you can't find the emails etc. just send a direct email to me with your full name (invoice number from website means absolutely nothing, we reference orders by Name only) , that would save on me trying to figure out who's order it is based on just the state listed on an avatar.
[email protected]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good. Since my CC was charged it must be in production.??

Thank you for the prompt communication.

I dug through a ton of orders last night, the only one to NH (what your avatar is showing) was a customer TG. If your TG all of the many emails were sent to the email address you used on the order form starting in "kis..." And yes your order shipped, tracking WAS emailed to you as well as the "Order ready action required" email. I just Re-sent the invoice and tracking email to the @comcast.net email address you used on the order form and CC'ed myself on the email and it did NOT bounce. It's there in the email you used for the order. Might be in your spam filter, dunno but can't control that part. Titled "Invoice and tracking" and it's been sent twice now. Often times people have multiple email addresses, use one for an order and forget which one they used, etc. It sounds like you have missed multiple emails?

Once again if you can't find the emails etc. just send a direct email to me with your full name (invoice number from website means absolutely nothing, we reference orders by Name only) , that would save on me trying to figure out who's order it is based on just the state listed on an avatar.
[email protected]

Just received tracking through your latest email. Thanks once again for the great customer service !
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Ordered 1/10, shipped today, will post specs and pics as soon as they arrive. The anticipation is killing me!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Ordered 1/10, arrived 6/10; I think I should buy a lottery ticket today after getting these specs.

Photocathode 1782/1753
EBI 0.79/1.79
Center resolution 72/72
SNR 30.9/31.2
FOM 2224/2246
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ordered 1/10, arrived 6/10; I think I should buy a lottery ticket today after getting these specs.

Photocathode 1782/1753
EBI 0.79/1.79
Center resolution 72/72
SNR 30.9/31.2
FOM 2224/2246
View Quote

Dang man, that's awesome!  There must have been a mix up, I think those were supposed to go to me

I ordered about a week after you.  With my luck I'll be posting what minimums across the board look like soon
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Photocathode 1782/1753
EBI 0.79/1.79
Center resolution 72/72
SNR 30.9/31.2
FOM 2224/2246
View Quote

Score!  That is a better than nice set that you got!  I hesitated when I ordered thinking it was a gamble. My gamble paid off as well. Best deal out there for quality binos!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#45]
ordered 1-16. arrived today  6-11                                  photocathode         2305.  /  2120
                                                                                     EBI                          1.65  /    .67
                                                                                     Center res                 72 /  76
                                                                                     SNR.                       28.7 / 28.8
                                                                                     Fom                       2066.4 / 2188.8
                                                                                      Halo.                    .94/.88

Thou its greek to me
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:51:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quite impressed since both tubes seem to be blem-less  at least I have not been able to see any pepper flakes or spots thou I only turned em on to focus and only have a yello wall to check rm against with a quick glance to see if anything jumped out
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Mine are in a UPS truck 15 min from my house until Monday. I was going to try to pick up but they don’t have handlers to unload today.

Can’t wait until Monday!
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks like I have about 60 days to go - thanks for the updates, guys.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top