Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 10/5/2020 10:45:43 PM EDT
Sorry for creating a new thread other than the troll thread, but I wanted to get some real feedback.

White Phosphorus XLS BNVDs for $6k when TNVC was selling the same tubes for $5800 in an RNVG setup and $2450 in a PVS14 setup.  I currently have a PVS14 and have been debating on getting a bino setup, and this seems like the way to go. Is there anything I'm missing?

Just want to verify these aren't chinese housings or some other "gotcha".
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Replied to your thread on the Hide, but I’d check with JRH on what exact tubes they’re having put in and calling “XLS”, as NGI/TNVC calls out XLSH tubes in their XLS product lines. Not sure if they’re the same or not.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Replied to your thread on the Hide, but I’d check with JRH on what exact tubes they’re having put in and calling “XLS”, as NGI/TNVC calls out XLSH tubes in their XLS product lines. Not sure if they’re the same or not.
View Quote

Oh thanks, yes I sent an email asking if they were the same or not.  If they do turn out to be the same this seems like a really good deal, no?

I've been trying to find the best "bang for buck" setup and compared to a dual pvs14 on a bridge I think this may be it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If they do turn out to be the same this seems like a really good deal, no?
View Quote

If they are the same tubes, I’d say it’s definitely a great buy for many folks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a newb to the Night Vision Game but it looks like a damn good deal, I'll be trying to get my buddy to jump on them. Though I may need some soon as well if the fragile foreign made DTNVG's I just got don't hold up

Seriously though, I'd have been all over this if it was two/three weeks ago when I made my purchase. Think that would have been enough of a savings to justify not going the route I did.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I replied on SH before seeing this on here.

One thing's for sure, new buyers are the ones making out with this tit-for-tat.  

Robert, ironically enough you don't mention if they are autogated or not! LOL

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll say the same thing I said when the Night Goggles XLS line arrived - this is fantastic for NV buyers.

A BNVD-SG with WP for $6,000? That's friggin outstanding. Same for a $5,800 RNVG WP.

It's a great time for someone to get into a set of WP goggles!
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll say the same thing I said when the Night Goggles XLS line arrived - this is fantastic for NV buyers.

A BNVD-SG with WP for $6,000? That's friggin outstanding. Same for a $5,800 RNVG WP.

It's a great time for someone to get into a set of WP goggles!
View Quote

If/when I get my money back from the Lamneth  scandal I was planning on building Photonis GP (I don't like their bluish hue) RNVGs or buying the NGI WP RNVG but WP BNVDs for 200 more for articulating goggles is hard pass up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If/when I get my money back from the Lamneth  scandal I was planning on building Photonis GP (I don't like their bluish hue) RNVGs or buying the NGI WP RNVG but WP BNVDs for 200 more for articulating goggles is hard pass up.
View Quote

Well, you might be SOL, lol. Per the SH thread the 1600 FOM tubes sold out and doesn't sound like they have many tubes left. @Lowdown3 is this a one time deal until 10/15?

Reminds me of when the NGI sale popped up I knew I should've jumped on it ASAP and ordered RNVG's. In this NV market you snooze you loose
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been looking at these also. I'm pretty happy with my pvs14. Does anyone know how these would compare to a green tube with 1881 FOM and a SNR of 29.4?

I don't want to shell out that much cash and go backwards, when I can just wait a little longer and get better tubes. But If it's not much of a difference in performance to what I've got now, the price is compelling.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I switched my order with JRH from two echos I was planning on bridging to this setup.

I will let everyone know in a few weeks how these units are.

This is my first NV setup and I am pretty exciting to get these
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been looking at these also. I'm pretty happy with my pvs14. Does anyone know how these would compare to a green tube with 1881 FOM and a SNR of 29.4?

I don't want to shell out that much cash and go backwards, when I can just wait a little longer and get better tubes. But If it's not much of a difference in performance to what I've got now, the price is compelling.
View Quote

It's like playing the lottery. You can get some screaming awesome tubes that are clean, or you can get a tube with 21 SNR, 2.5 EBI, and a high halo value as well with blems in zone 1, 2, and 3.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's like playing the lottery. You can get some screaming awesome tubes that are clean, or you can get a tube with 21 SNR, 2.5 EBI, and a high halo value as well with blems in zone 1, 2, and 3.
View Quote

True but so far at least when it comes to the guys who’ve posted their NGI/TNVC XLS specs on average they are pretty decent along with some zingers.

This should go without saying but if someone wants the highest guaranteed performance possible then these aren’t the type of deals to buy. I don’t think you’d get total turds but I suppose it’s possible.

IMO the biggest difference between the two offerings is that JRH doesn’t accept returns whereas NGI/TNVC does. To be fair I don’t know what’s involved in returning to NGI/TNVC such as do fees apply, etc. Unfortunately there are a lot of shit heads out there to ruin it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

True but so far at least when it comes to the guys who’ve posted their NGI/TNVC XLS specs on average they are pretty decent along with some zingers.

This should go without saying but if someone wants the highest guaranteed performance possible then these aren’t the type of deals to buy. I don’t think you’d get total turds but I suppose it’s possible.

IMO the biggest difference between the two offerings is that JRH doesn’t accept returns whereas NGI/TNVC does. To be fair I don’t know what’s involved in returning to NGI/TNVC such as do fees apply, etc. Unfortunately there are a lot of shit heads out there to ruin it.
View Quote

Yeah, but I have seen a few that came back with 21-22 SNR.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I just hope a lot of HP+ orders decided to switch to these so I get my BNVDs faster.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd wait it out and spend more to get what you want.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@ Will-1

These units have the full 10 year warranty- no fine print.

We have taken great strides to explain here, other places and in the item description that these are lower grade tubes. We have done that so customers know that and to expect less performance. For some customers just listing spot spec chart and spec numbers doesn't mean anything. It's good to spell it out completely- these are lesser tubes- a good value for the price but you aren't buying High Performance tubes for this price. More than anything we don't want to give anyone false hopes. Sure there are some good examples of XLS/XLSH tubes but there are also some not so good examples.

Now if there is an actual problem, that's a different issue, 10 year warranty with no fine print.  Any real problems will get taken care of. But that's quite a different thing from just someone not reading the spot spec chart. We won't dance over the topic or use doublespeak on the issue, these are lower grade tubes. A bargain? Hell yeah! Are these for everyone? Hell no.
View Quote

I want to make it clear that I'm not taking sides and just pointing out the differences for buyers because it's important info they should know.  

I was referring to the differences in return policy, which to my understanding is that you do not offer any returns which I'm not saying is a bad or good thing. It's just is what it is. TNVC offers a 14 day return if you're not happy as long as the unit is in like new condition. This may be important for buyers due to the lower minimum specs of the XLSH tubes. It's a notable difference is all.

The warranty difference is a wash since you both offer 10 years on the tubes and TNVC adds lifetime warranty on the housing. Like others have said in other posts, it's a nice safety blanket, but will most likely never be used.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone received their BNVD’s yet? If so, what kind of specs are you seeing? I’m really tempted to jump on the next batch of WP.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Do these come with matched and collimated tubes?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I can not wait for these to get in, happy I ordered mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can not wait for these to get in, happy I ordered mine.
View Quote

Hopefully they’ll have some more by Black Friday, I missed the first batch. Should also have some specs by then of people that got in on the first batch.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We hope so. Thanks for your interest!
View Quote

going to be doing black friday sale on binos?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I have hand select tubes from TNVC with great specs (~2600FOM, < .7 EBI and halo, no blems).  My buddy ordered a set of the xls rnvgs from TNVC.  His specs are on the lower end of what has been going out of TNVC (~1500FOM, >1.5 EBI, and some blems).  On average the specs on the XLS line seem to be much better than what he got.  THAT BEING SAID, after using my tubes for 90% of the time i go out, i still thought his tubes looked good.  I say this all the time, but the real difference is when it gets extremely dark and there is barely any ambient light.  Do my tubes look more clear in decent ambient lighting conditions?  Yes they do look better, but probably not as much as you would think.  Ambient light, or supplemental IR light is very good at leveling the playing field.  The unfilmed are without a doubt in my mind the Best.  If i was fighting at night, i would want them on my head.  Especially if the people shooting back had night vision as well.  The XLS tubes are still pretty awesome, and you can see in the dark.  The value they give new night vision buyers is amazing.  If these deals were available when i got into night vision a little over a year ago, I might have gone that route.

$6000 for articulating WP gen 3 autogated, with a 10yr warranty IS INSANE.  JRH is a solid vendor so i wouldnt hesitate on that either.

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have hand select tubes from TNVC with great specs (~2600FOM, < .7 EBI and halo, no blems).  My buddy ordered a set of the xls rnvgs from TNVC.  His specs are on the lower end of what has been going out of TNVC (~1500FOM, >1.5 EBI, and some blems).  On average the specs on the XLS line seem to be much better than what he got.  THAT BEING SAID, after using my tubes for 90% of the time i go out, i still thought his tubes looked good.  I say this all the time, but the real difference is when it gets extremely dark and there is barely any ambient light.  Do my tubes look more clear in decent ambient lighting conditions?  Yes they do look better, but probably not as much as you would think.  Ambient light, or supplemental IR light is very good at leveling the playing field.  The unfilmed are without a doubt in my mind the Best.  If i was fighting at night, i would want them on my head.  Especially if the people shooting back had night vision as well.  The XLS tubes are still pretty awesome, and you can see in the dark.  The value they give new night vision buyers is amazing.  If these deals were available when i got into night vision a little over a year ago, I might have gone that route.

$6000 for articulating WP gen 3 autogated, with a 10yr warranty IS INSANE.  JRH is a solid vendor so i wouldnt hesitate on that either.

View Quote

Agreed all around.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone receive theirs yet? Green or WP XLSs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone receive theirs yet? Green or WP XLSs.
View Quote

I haven't seen anything yet
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#36]
@twistid1

Sent you a PM. I’m not sure my pm’s are going through though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I just received mine today.  Here are the spec's.

L / R

SNR : 26.9 / 27.8
EBI : 0.4 / 0.61
Halo : 0.98 / 0.92
Center Res : 64 / 72
Photocathode: 1567 / 1700
FOM: 1721.6 / 2001.6

I don't know what half of these numbers mean but I checked them out in my bathroom for a few minutes and it was pretty fucking cool.  No blems really stood out for the few minutes I was using them.  This is my first time owning or using any kind of night vision device.

Now I am just waiting patiently for the sun to go down.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@twistid1

Sent you a PM. I’m not sure my pm’s are going through though.
View Quote

Got your PM, thanks, I have a bit longer to go.

Your specs look great, I would def be happy with that! You should post "through the tube" pics!  
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Here are some potato pics holding up my iphone.  As it has been said many times on this forum, the pics don't really do it justice.  Lots of ambient light here in the burbs.

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Can not WAIT for mine to get in!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just received mine today.  Here are the spec's.

L / R

SNR : 26.9 / 27.8
EBI : 0.4 / 0.61
Halo : 0.98 / 0.92
Center Res : 64 / 72
Photocathode: 1567 / 1700
FOM: 1721.6 / 2001.6

I don't know what half of these numbers mean but I checked them out in my bathroom for a few minutes and it was pretty fucking cool.  No blems really stood out for the few minutes I was using them.  This is my first time owning or using any kind of night vision device.

Now I am just waiting patiently for the sun to go down.
View Quote

Those are great specs and in an articulating goggle to boot is money well spent, especially since NV prices have been on a rapid rise. Great pics also. Try and get far away from any city light pollution where the star field is huge to the naked eye. Break out the NODS and you'll really be impressed. My ole lady gets a kick out of NV with a 3X magnifier on the end of it in city lighting, she almost shit the bed when we where in Sedona Arizona and I broke out the NODs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Ordered green XLS from jrh on 10/20. Quoted 3-4 weeks. Cannot wait!
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ordered green XLS from jrh on 10/20. Quoted 3-4 weeks. Cannot wait!
View Quote

Ordered my WP XLS from them on 10/8. I was quoted the same 3-4, I am so excited!
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ordered my WP XLS from them on 10/8. I was quoted the same 3-4, I am so excited!
View Quote

You ordered BNVDs? If so, I ordered on 10/6 and was told it's going to be a long while with no ETA.

Just for expectation management.  I think the 3-4 weeks on the XLS BNVD listing was only for the first few orders from my understanding. As was said earlier everyone jumped on it of course and extended it out.  I'm ok with waiting because of the deal
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You ordered BNVDs? If so, I ordered on 10/6 and was told it's going to be a long while with no ETA.

Just for expectation management.  I think the 3-4 weeks on the website was only for the first few orders from my understanding.
View Quote

Yea, I’m inching close to 4 weeks for green duals. Hearing that green monos are up to date seems promising, but I’d bet white duals are gonna be a long wait.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top