Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 4:28:49 PM EDT
What are my options for a dedicated .375" rifle supressor?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Elite iron wind talker?

Link

What kind of .375 are we talking about here?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Elite iron wind talker?

Link

What kind of .375 are we talking about here?
View Quote
$1600 + $260 for additional muzzle brake mounts. Damn, theyre proud of that piece of kit
Looks like quality however. Not familiar with the brand. More research is definetly needed. Would be used on short barrel .375 Raptor.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
SilencerCo Hybrid should work.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SilencerCo Hybrid should work.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
$1600 + $260 for additional muzzle brake mounts. Damn, theyre proud of that piece of kit
Looks like quality however. Not familiar with the brand. More research is definetly needed. Would be used on short barrel .375 Raptor.
View Quote
Well you asked for dedicated.  I forgot about the Crux.

Elite Iron has been around for awhile. But they’re more situated on the precision rifle side of things.

I’ve never shot either the Elite Iron or Crux.

If you’re open to a bigger bore the Hybrid would probably not be a bad choice.

Not a lot of dudes suppressing .375- so your options are going to be really limited.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I would vote for the hybrid due to price. I picked one up for $620 on gunbroker. After s&h, transfer, and stamp I have $875 in it not including accessories like asr, mounts, and end caps. I’m a cheaper kinda guy than most on here. I just try to avoid top of the line $$$ and cheap stuff that I will probably regret.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]
@silencershop

Any thoughts or experiences on the Crux 375 Archangel? Not sure of its mounting system if i wanted to be able move it to a bolt gun in 338lm.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@silencershop

Any thoughts or experiences on the Crux 375 Archangel? Not sure of its mounting system if i wanted to be able move it to a bolt gun in 338lm.
View Quote
If you want abysmal service after the sale buy a crux.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@silencershop

Exactly what I want!!

J/k. What exactly was your issue that lead to the shitty CS?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Just call any company that already makes them in .338wm and ask them to send you one in .375
Unless there is a significant difference in the gas volume and pressure they can put one together at the factory and ship to your dealer.
Or.. buy a quality one in .338wm, apply for a second stamp and bore it out to .375. Remark can in .375.
Or.. have a custom one made.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just call any company that already makes them in .338wm and ask them to send you one in .375
Unless there is a significant difference in the gas volume and pressure they can put one together at the factory and ship to your dealer.
Or.. buy a quality one in .338wm, apply for a second stamp and bore it out to .375. Remark can in .375.
View Quote
Outside of a legit custom shop, I think TBAC, surefire, Griffin, SiCO, AAC, etc would tell you to take a long hike off a short pier if you asked them to bore their .338 to .375 (.440" ish)
Wouldn't they then be required to do one-off custom engraving for caliber, new registration forms, etc?

This isn't for a precision rifle, get a SiCO hybrid and rock on.
Ymmv
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Outside of a legit custom shop, I think TBAC, surefire, Griffin, SiCO, AAC, etc would tell you to take a long hike off a short pier if you asked them to bore their .338 to .375 (.440" ish)
Wouldn't they then be required to do one-off custom engraving for caliber, new registration forms, etc?

Ymmv
View Quote
I agree, get a Hybrid and be done with it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#15]
@tbacray
@zak-smith

Would you make 375 can? If we got a dealer to order a certain number would that get it done?

Kind of want a 375 Lapua AI.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Zak, understood. If you bring a .375 can in under $2000 I’ll buy one of the first. Even if I have to eat ramen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
More ramen for me! With the current state of the 30 caliber magnums I sold my 338. If I’m going over thirty I’m going to 375.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sent my can into Crux 3 months ago for an obvious warranty issue.

I've called once a week since sending it in. Yet to get a call back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sent my can into Crux 3 months ago for an obvious warranty issue.

I've called once a week since sending it in. Yet to get a call back.
View Quote
12 calls over 3 months and not a single call back and zero contact with anyone at Crux? Damn, are you just going to let it ride and hope it miraculously just reappears one day fixed?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
12 calls over 3 months and not a single call back and zero contact with anyone at Crux? Damn, are you just going to let it ride and hope it miraculously just reappears one day fixed?
View Quote
I talk with the salesman, James, almost every time I call.

He promises the owner, Curtis, will call me back. Nada.

Thank goodness I have other cans. I'm hoping at some point they get tired of me calling and get my can fixed. (big chunk of the blast baffle has been broken off, no strikes or tube damage, I just need a new core)

I'm open to ideas. I got the can cheap so sending it to someone else to repair isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ymmv
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ymmv
They can certainly say no if they wish.
I do not see a need for any super duper custom engraving. I see hand punches or a powered hand engraving tool and one on the ball guy in the shop taking care of It in less than 15 minutes. The only change from the factory is the calliber...the other information does not change.  Looking for fancy BS engraving or get the suppressor done ? If they charge more than $250 then I would just do it myself. Or just buy the hybrid or other?
Just my .02
The only real consideration i can see is if a .338 can as is normally constructed has enough volume and strength to handle .375. My off the cuff guess is that for a bolt gun it would be fine. I could be wrong and it requires a bit larger tube to be effective or the blast baffle should be in a different location..?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top