Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2020 10:20:04 PM EDT
I found a source of these,  thinking they could be good for subsonic 300blk, but isn't .311 the size for Russian calibers like 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r?

Would these lead cast .311 bullets need to be pushed through to .308 or .309?

I see bullet moulds for 300 blk at .309

I'm not so desperate that I need to buy myself the work of sizing these down a couple thousandths.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, unless you are interested in slugging your barrel and testing them in the throat of your rifle to ensure proper feeding, I would not purchase a lot of these to start out with.

If you were going to try them, I would start with a max of 100, sometimes 2 thousands over bore diameter is good for accuracy.

Those of us that cast our own have worked out many of these issues with our cast bullets and usually end up sizing ours appropriately.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I would be interested in those. (Link?)

I run .310 as well but these will easily resize to .310 with a Lee die. Make your own or custom order.

I think Dyflash made his from a .309 die. I custom ordered mine. Same result but if you want it fast then go the Dryflash route.

ETA: Well, I guess I should have reloaded the page before posting my comment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I size my home cast powder coated bullets to .310 for 300 blk.

All depends if they will chamber in you firearm.

https://i.imgur.com/WHUwrLBl.jpg

You could always get a Lee sizing die and size them to .309.

Lee doesn't sell a .310 die, I made mine from a .309 die.
View Quote

I'm assuming you just wrapped a dowel with 600+ grit sandpaper and chucked it in a drill?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm assuming you just wrapped a dowel with 600+ grit sandpaper and chucked it in a drill?
View Quote

Here is a video on opening up a lee bullet sizing die.
https://youtu.be/IEa2jeV-BKs
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top