Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2018 9:45:29 PM EDT
Im seriously getting into the caliber .  Im running suppressed guns in 5'', 8'' and 10''.  Ive settled on S&B 200 grn sub ammo, but am looking for a super, self defense round.  There are such a wide range of bullet weights.  Im trying to figure out a red dot that will work with both sub and super rounds.  I ordered a holosun 503g with the accs reticle.  I was looking at the eotec .300 sight but at over 500 bucks Im not that interested.  I want to be able to sight the main dot with supers and figure out a holdover for subs at around 100 yds and closer.  Just need to figure out what super round to settle on.  Ive read the barnes 110 grn black tip is a good round?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot the Hornady 190 subs out of my 10 inch 300BO and my sandman-s suppressor. My red dot is a Sig Romero5 XDR. Nice thing about the Sig is dual red dots. One single dot or the round circle with dot, similar to the eotech. Hornady hasn’t released the bullets for reloading though. Have a 16 inch BO for my supers while my 10 inch is for my subs.
Sig
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Horniday 125 gr
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Barnes is good, V-Max loaded hot is good, Varmageddon may have depth issues.
There are a lot of gel test videos out there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Horniday 125 gr
View Quote
SST
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top