Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2023 3:10:35 AM EDT
I'm sort of confused by most posts regarding how to or where to find matetials, parts or kits. I am looking for the least (but legal) labor intensive way to; once again; (legally build) a form 1 silencer.

Use will be for rimfire pistol and rifle, possibly .22 magnum as well.

Another way asking, are there any kits which would meet current NFA criteria? Whatever that is :-)

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
XRT is what you want. Unfortunately, I don't think it's sold anymore.
You're going to have to see what kit paces like preppers, solventtrapsdirect, km, quietbore, armoryden, etc, have to offer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm sort of confused by most posts regarding how to or where to find matetials, parts or kits. I am looking for the least (but legal) labor intensive way to; once again; (legally build) a form 1 silencer.

Use will be for rimfire pistol and rifle, possibly .22 magnum as well.

Another way asking, are there any kits which would meet current NFA criteria? Whatever that is :-)

Any recommendations?

Thanks
View Quote

No, not according to the latest flavor of the week over at AFT. The only way to get an approved Form 1 is not to have any materials on hand and any components for making a can need to be made by you using raw materials only after you have an approved Form 1.

The kits are all but dried up.

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
XRT is what you want. Unfortunately, I don't think it's sold anymore.
You're going to have to see what kit paces like preppers, solventtrapsdirect, km, quietbore, armoryden, etc, have to offer.
View Quote

im pretty sure XRT is back in the game under XRT ENGINEERED
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:im pretty sure XRT is back in the game under XRT ENGINEERED
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:im pretty sure XRT is back in the game under XRT ENGINEERED

I thought something like that happened, but couldn't find the thread, quick enough, o the form 1 boards.
Yeah, here ya go

Quoted:No, not according to the latest flavor of the week over at AFT. The only way to get an approved Form 1 is not to have any materials on hand and any components for making a can need to be made by you using raw materials only after you have an approved Form 1.
The kits are all but dried up.

The AFT said anything spot faced (center marked) is a silencer part. If you're buying ones that aren't marked, they don't fit this determination.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I thought something like that happened, but couldn't find the thread, quick enough, o the form 1 boards.
Yeah, here ya go

The AFT said anything spot faced (center marked) is a silencer part. If you're buying ones that aren't marked, they don't fit this determination.
View Quote

Thank you all for the input to date.  

Still hoping as I do meet the friendly ATF's criteria, so there we have it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:Still hoping as I do meet the friendly ATF's criteria, so there we have it.
View Quote

You don't have to listen to all the people saying you need to send the AFT pictures of bar stock, your lathe, a design photo, your first born, etc.
Just state that all laws will be followed in the making of said firearm (you can reword it how you like).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top