Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2019 10:41:20 PM EDT
Any chance we can get a dedicated .22 can thread pinned?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Me likey rimfire suppressors

Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What’s new for 2019 ?  Anything in the works to be released ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#5]
In to learn what I don’t know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll chime in with the fact that the Dead Air Mask is the best sounding suppressor I have experienced, but the AAC Element 2 is the best balance of weight, length, suppression, and durability for a .22LR pistol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#7]
The Mask does kick ass. This thread will need some awesome pics in it so I'll start it off with one of my toys.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Me likey rimfire suppressors

https://i.imgur.com/NLrhUH8.jpg
View Quote
Awesome. This picture and it evolving never gets old.

So what are your thoughts regarding the cans in your collection? Favorites? Features you like/don't like etc? I feel like you can shed some good insight given you've sampled a good size of the market.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't currently own a 22 can, it will be my next NFA item.

I think I'll get a Kel Tec CP33 to go along with it, I bet it will be a blast to shoot.

CP33
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Might be in the minority, but I would prefer the Rimfires stay here in this same thread:

One of the best all inclusive threads on any subject, anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Might be in the minority, but I would prefer the Rimfires stay here in this same thread:

One of the best all inclusive threads on any subject, anywhere.
View Quote
I think you forgot something
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#14]

I think you forgot something
View Quote
?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't currently own a 22 can, it will be my next NFA item.

I think I'll get a Kel Tec CP33 to go along with it, I bet it will be a blast to shoot.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/20181111_154523.jpg

CP33
View Quote
Thanks man.  My wallet didn't need to know about that CP33 lol.  Actually extremely interested in adding one to the arsenal.  I have the .22 upgrade slide from Twisted Industries for one of my PF9s and I also have the .22 mag PMR. But no extended/threaded barrels from Twisted for that conversion and its not recommended to add a can to the PMR.   That CP33 and my Mask would be a sweet combo for sure and a nice addition to my KelTec collection. The only downside to anything KelTec introduces to the market is that it will be 2 years before you can actually find one at or below MSRP lol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Seems to me, just about any can could be a .22 can.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]

My current project is a Gemtech Mist shown below

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my Energetic Armament Nyx a couple months ago or so. That's a can I don't see a lot of talk about. All titanium, super light at 3.6 ounces for the Mod1 (non-modular). I'm thrilled with the weight of it, it's almost like there's nothing there at all.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#19]
And a dedicated Surefire Ryder on sbr MP .22

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So what are your thoughts regarding the cans in your collection? Favorites? Features you like/don't like etc? I feel like you can shed some good insight given you've sampled a good size of the market.
View Quote
Thanks! As far as thoughts regarding my collection? I would say one performance aspect that is important to me is low first round pop out of a pistol and what I've found is that though several cans (not naming any names) have been touted has having low first round pop, my personal experiences indicate otherwise - especially when compared side by side with "gold standard" low-FRP cans. There really is no substitute for comparing cans side by side with your choice of host and choice of ammo to see what sounds best to your ears.

Ease of cleaning is also something that is important to me. I definitely shoot cans more when I can toss the baffles into a stainless pin tumbler for cleaning vs. having to soda blast them - which, by extrapolation, also implies that I don't mind heavier cans if they offer easier cleaning.

Finally, I would say that modular cans really don't do anything for me - rarely have I found myself willing to accept the tradeoff of reduced performance for decrease length.

Just my thoughts and as always YMMV, especially if you have a different requirement set and/or ranking of important features.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:18:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Rimfire cans are best cans

Too much nighttime belt-fed action...

Leads to this

I love all of my rimfire cans, but find myself wanting an Element 2 now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks! As far as thoughts regarding my collection? I would say one performance aspect that is important to me is low first round pop out of a pistol and what I've found is that though several cans (not naming any names) have been touted has having low first round pop, my personal experiences indicate otherwise - especially when compared side by side with "gold standard" low-FRP cans. There really is no substitute for comparing cans side by side with your choice of host and choice of ammo to see what sounds best to your ears.

Ease of cleaning is also something that is important to me. I definitely shoot cans more when I can toss the baffles into a stainless pin tumbler for cleaning vs. having to soda blast them - which, by extrapolation, also implies that I don't mind heavier cans if they offer easier cleaning.

Finally, I would say that modular cans really don't do anything for me - rarely have I found myself willing to accept the tradeoff of reduced performance for decrease length.

Just my thoughts and as always YMMV, especially if you have a different requirement set and/or ranking of important features.
View Quote
I have very limited experience with rimfire suppressors, but in my opinion both the Mask and Element 2 have almost no FRP. They would currently rank as my top picks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Running a Spike's Buckwheat on my SIG 522. Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hows the oculus? Any FRP at all? And how does it sound compared to your other cans?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good info and I agree on your points.

I'll share my findings in owning 3 rimfire cans.

Liberty Regulator
Good-Incredibly simple (I think 3 parts total). Left hand rear cap threads keeps it in place. Reasonably lightweight.
Bad-Monocore design gunks up fast and can be a bitch to take apart. FRP though still quite good for a monocore design.

Dead Air Mask

Good-Best sounding rimfire I own with basically no FRP. Comes apart very easily every time and doesn't care how much has been shot through it. Made of robust materials
Bad-Heavier than I would like when comparing to things like El Camino and Element 2. Rear cap can come unscrewed and requires thread locker or some decnt torque to stay in place.

Q El Camino
Good-Stupid lightweight, very simple, captive rear mount, sounds good, made of good materials and easy to take apart for cleaning
Bad-Slight FRP when compared to Mask, Mask may be quieter overall

What I think I'm ultimately looking for is an Element 2 with shielded baffles. I don't want modular and tool-less disassembly would be good. Weight needs to be under 5 oz with good/robust materials of construction. A captive or rear mount that doesn't easily separate from the tube. And make it sound amazing both in terms of FRP and after.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll chime in with the fact that the Dead Air Mask is the best sounding suppressor I have experienced, but the AAC Element 2 is the best balance of weight, length, suppression, and durability for a .22LR pistol.
View Quote
Well that is good to hear!
I have an Element 2 and a Mask in jail.

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Liking the Oculus, waiting on the Q Erector.

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Sparrow SS owner checking in.
Hosts are 22/45 Mk III Lite and a Savage FV-SR.

*pics later when I remember*
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#31]
For those of you without IG.

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#32]
What can is that?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well that is good to hear!
I have an Element 2 and a Mask in jail.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/802/39207373260_6844847fc4_o.jpg
View Quote
I'm pretty sure you will enjoy them both immensely!

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What can is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What can is that?
Inquiring minds want to know!  Also, how do they address cleanability?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:03:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What can is that?
It’s a sealed rifle can. Brevis II, 3D printed and $$$
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#37]
i have two now. wanting more and thinking about mask, element 2 and oculus maybe all three idk
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Love rimfire cans!

(and maybe Ruger pistols!)
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
 @Engineer, Would you mind naming (Brand & model) your top 3 or so favorites? I'd like to add another rimfire suppressor to my collection but I'm not familiar with most of the models on the market.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Outback IID Spectre II
Attachment Attached File

Spectre II new.
Attachment Attached File

Spectre II 1krds
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

MASK guts when new.
Attachment Attached File

I just realized I don't have any pics of my Mask on a host.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@Idaholandho

Who made that holster?
View Quote
I asked a buddy here at home to make it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#43]
I shoot mostly at small private clubs in rural areas and sometimes there are other people at the range.  Get to talking to folks and eventually their eyes betray their heart and I hand over a suppressed .22lr after they see me shoot.  It is even better than handing a father with his sons a good AR, letting his kids shoot it and then apologizing for making next Christmas much more expensive .
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#44]
I know you've SBR'ed that Charger and AR22 but swapping out for the Gearhead tailhook braces  and dual wielding those suckers would make for some bad ass video.  Just saying

I like .22s also. Binary triggered lowers and .22AR uppers are tons of fun and a good way to blow through your Bama era .22 cache lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdK9smaN0vk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top