Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2020 5:50:04 PM EDT
Broke a limb on my compound this weekend, so I picked up my old Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#.  Man, what a struggle.  It's so demanding of form, and just keeping the arrows on my 2x2 target has always been a struggle.  And then I watched "The Push" on youtube.  String walking aiming!!!  That made landing them consistently on the target a breeze, and I'm now able to actually focus on form.  I can hit a desert plate all day at 15yds and for the most part I am putting them inside a clay bird.  Shooting my daughter's 25# Samick Sage has really helped out a lot since I can shoot it without fatigue getting in the way of form.

This is looking do-able for next season!  I've got a dozen 400 spine aluminum arrows that I need to tune (waiting on a field test point set).  In the meantime, I'm tearing up fletchings on a set of carbon arrows.  A Blitzenberger fletching jig is on my Christmas list.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got an old Brown Bear form I think 1979. Still in good shape. My first compound bow.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top