Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2012 5:22:09 PM EDT
I have a bow, arrows, and broadheads. From what I understand, I'll need a sight, an arrow rest, a stabilizer, a whisker biscuit, and a trigger release. Am I missing anything? Do I actually need all that? It's for hunting so I know Ill need the sight and the trigger release, but what about the other stuff?
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By MALT0SE:
I have a bow, arrows, and broadheads. From what I understand, I'll need a sight, an arrow rest, a stabilizer, a whisker biscuit, and a trigger release. Am I missing anything? Do I actually need all that? It's for hunting so I know Ill need the sight and the trigger release, but what about the other stuff?

A WB is a rest and you have to have some kind of rest; for hunting you'll want a full capture kind of rest like a WB or a fall away like the QAD. Things like string leeches to help quiet the bow and either a peep or a kisser button are also on the list.

Link Posted: 8/14/2012 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
you definately need some type of arrow rest, whether it be whiskeer biscuit or  a drop away rest..
Link Posted: 8/16/2012 12:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VBC] [#3]
You might want a quiver as well.   It's not uncommon for the animal to remain still after you missed, so it's good to have more arrows handy for a second shot.

Hunting from up in a tree is 1,000 times better than on the ground too, so you might want to aquire a tree stand if you're not hunting wooden stands.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd get a wrist sling also, that way you can shoot with a relaxed hand and not have to worry about the bow jumping out of your hand.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FS2000GUY] [#5]
PRACTICE
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FS2000GUY:
PRACTICE

This! Also do some research to help yourself understand all the aspects of archery and archery hunting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top