Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2021 8:35:21 PM EDT
My wife has volunteered to be a summer camp director for junior high kids this summer, just a one week camp.

She has asked me to take charge of archery for the campers.

What bows would you guys recommend? I'd like to stick with simple bows like recurves. What targets/stands? What arrows? Where to buy? Are there instructional materials available from the archery equivalent of the NRA (before the fall)?

I think 4 or 5 lanes would fit the space available and number of campers (50). Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:08:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChupacabraSAR] [#1]
Are you guys buying your own equipment for this? Matthew’s Genesis are excellent for this role.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I'll end up buying the gear as a donation to the camp. I'll look into the Mathews.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
For anyone else who might need to do this, there is a National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP). They have instructional videos on teaching kids to shoot, as well as discounted archery equipment, provided your school/camp is a non-profit.

They do, indeed, use Genesis bows. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top