Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2021 2:48:36 PM EDT
Hey guys, a good friend gave me a 1990 right handed oneida strike eagle in reasonably good shape. It had some of the things you might expect on a 30 year old bow, some of which I've replaced. The peep is a stretchy tube kind and the old tube was dry rotted so bad it just fell apart.

I found YouTube instructions on timing the bow, got that done no problem.

The problem i still have is that the string appears to be shifted off center about 1/4" left. It appears that the outer limbs are shifted left and as a result the string is off center. If I lined up the ancient Martin 3 pin sight with the string and the arrow rest it's clear that this has been the case for some time.

Does anyone have any idea how to shift the outer limbs back on center? I like this bow a lot, but I understand that it's weird and unconventional. I appreciate y'alls input.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like the limb has twisted. Might have been stored standing up.  Great bow with a cult like following.  I recommend taking it to a bow shop for new strings, cables and peep. That would be a good time to really look at that limb .
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the limbs closely. Mine developed a hair line crack that could have been catastrophic if I kept shooting it. Overall one of my favorite bows back in the day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I love Oneida bows.  I'd take it to a bow shop and get it checked out to be sure.  I had to sell mine years and I can't afford to replace it anymore.  I really, really would love to have another.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Oneida still makes great bows, the company has been reborn as far as I know.  Small town right near where I grew up.  Might consider contacting them if you don't get the answer you want from Cabela's or your local pro shop.

https://oneidaeaglebows.com/

"CAN I SEND MY OLDER ONEIDA BOW IN FOR REPAIR?"

Yes, some models. If your closest Archery Dealer cannot repair your Oneida bow, and if it is a Model that we currently stock parts for, we will help you get it fixed, but you would need to get it prequalified for repair by filling out a Repair form and submitting pictures of the bow for our Bow Tech to review and provide you with an Authorized Return Number. ( Link)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top