Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 6:24:37 PM EDT
I've only been hunting a handful of times as I've lived in the city most of my adult life. Now that we've relocated to a much more country setting I'd like to get into it on a more serious level. I've purchased a hunting license before, as well as an apprentice license but now I'm slightly confused on where to go.  As far as I can recall, I've never taken the hunting safety class. Looking at the ODNR website, I've realized two things:
1. The courses in my county and surrounding counties are all full.
2. I don't have time to sit through an 8-12 hour class right now with my crappy work schedule.

Do I just buy another apprentice license this year (only had one in my lifetime) and hope I can take the course next year? I logged onto my ODNR account and it definitely says I've never taken the class.

Secondly, I'll be hunting on my father in laws land. Does the landowner clause include me? It specifically states that spouses and children do not need a license to hunt, does that cover me in this regard or is that a pipe dream? Nuisance permit is out before that question is asked.

I'm all for following the laws as I certainly don't want to bring trouble to him or myself.  Just figured some of you hunters may be able to help me out.

Thanks all, I'm cross posting this in the arfcom hometown board as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#2]
On the ODNR website, under the Hunter education section, there's an option for an online class. The whole thing is online, you can start and stop at your own pace, and when you're done, you get a certificate from the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top