Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 12/9/2022 2:47:33 PM EDT
I am buying my son a Genesis Original for Christmas. I shot a lot of youth archery with a recurve. No experience with a compound. I want something to shoot with my boy. I do hunt but this is probably going to be mostly a target practice hobby.

My local shop suggested the following:

Bowtech Amplify $670
Bear Legend XR $559
Diamond edge $449

These all come with the "kit" setup ready to go. And the shop will set it up for me.

What would you recommend? Or maybe another option?
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 7:34:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandi] [#1]
The only one I have any knowledge of is the Diamond Edge series bows.  It's the bow I recommend to anyone looking for a youth bow or bow for someone who's going to need to work up to higher poundages.  I'm thinking about one myself as my bow is just too heavy for me anymore.  

That's not to say it's better than the other two, I just don't know anything about them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The Diamond Alter is the comparable bow to the Amplify.  Same owners.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife has a diamond infite edge. Very nice intro bow. Easy to tune without a press. But still plenty capable. I have a the friend that takes multiple deer every year with one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the amplify. I have shot it for 3 years and it's a great bow. I'm in the process of setting it up for my 10 year old, versatility in draw length is great. I understand the diamond infinity edge is the same bow in Bowtechs budget lineup. Honestly all the major manufacturers are pretty solid from what I've seen, so it'll likely come down to what kind of deal you'll get.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top