Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2017 8:49:21 PM EDT
Well, after years of surprisingly faithful service, the three dot red dot sight that came with my Horton crossbow is starting to rotate in the sight.  It's not so bad that I can't shoot at 40 yards, but for fear of it getting worse, I think it's time to replace it.

In my search, it looks like TruGlo may be the only game in town that has a three dots where they get smaller as they descend and the spacing changes.  My father put this sight on his bow 2-3 years ago and it's been doing pretty good (to my shock) but that brand just doesn't instill must confidence in me.  Does anyone have experience with this sight or know of anything better?  I'm not looking for anything with magnification.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about any 3 dot sights. If you're primarily using it for deer hunting and don't take long range shots a single dot works well. It's easy enough to know where to hold on the deer based on different yardages. I used a Weaver dot scope for a number of years before I went to a multiple crosshair scope. Can't say the multiple crosshairs work better than using the single dot for deer hunting up to the distance that I'll take a shot at a deer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top