Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 4/18/2017 7:26:19 PM EDT
So I'm looking at 2 bows: the Missions Craze, or Bear Cruzer2. Both are adjustable in draw weight and length.
Axle length on the Craze is 28" and the Cruzer is 30". The Craze is $339 for bow only and the Cruzer is $499 but includes all accessories except arrows.
Anybody have any experience with either of these bows?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I cannot give you a nod to either bow as I would say buy a Bowtech. However, what I came to say is that Bear's customer service is top notch. I have dealt with their CS a few times recently and they could not have been more helpful and in both instances sent me parts for free even though I was trying to buy them for my own stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
They will both serve you equally well.  In today's market, nobody makes crap bows (unlike many firearm companies out there...)

The only right answer is to shoot both and see which YOU prefer.

Accessories such as rests, sights, and quivers are another matter, and chances are the Bear "package" comes with some pretty bottom-of-the-barrel stuff.  If you truly get into archery, you'll either upgrade these items later on, or you can start with a bare bow and add only the components YOU choose from the get-go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The mission has a larger brace height and will be slightly more forgiving. The Cruiser will probably be faster given at the same draw length and weight and better if you have a longer draw length with the larger axel to axel. I would also look towards some used bows. Unlike guns bows do not hold their value very well. I Shoot a Mathews Drenalin (2012) Which is going to offer far superior stats and quality parts to both of those bows new and can probably be found with superior accessories and arrows too (for about the same price as the bear). Archery talk, craigslist, and local hunting/archery/gun forums often have deals posted. A $1000 bare bow new can be had for $500 in just a couple of years.

Look here.... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=100
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought a Cruzer RTF on sale in the discontinued Sand color.
Only gripe is the Trophy Ridge sight is less than great.  Thats it.... I love this bow.  My plan was to break the ice with this package and then purchase something more high end if I liked it...Giving the Cruzer to my nephew.
I love this little bow so much I don't know if I will be able to part with it.
Got it on clearance for $245 a year ago at cabela's.  Unbelievable deal

ETA
Not on sale any longer at Cabela's obviously but there is quite a price difference between the Cruzer2 and this sand Cruzer1.
Cabela's Cruzer
Honestly, it's my understanding that the C2 has a differently shaped and slightly lighter riser than the C1, but also a shorter brace height
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top