Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2020 9:01:34 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice on getting my first bow. I'm right handed, but left eye dominate. I looked around online and the consensus seems to be a left handed bow for my position.

I was wondering if a left handed bow is the way to go? I shoot clays right handed with my left eye closed but shot a friends bow right handed and everything went into the woods.

Looking for advice on which type of bow to buy if I'm new and contemplating a left handed bow.

Any and all advice is welcome. Preferably would like to stay around $500 but I'm open to spend more if necessary.

Thanks in advance for the help, my knowledge of bows is next to zero so I run down of the best brands would be great as well.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Left handed is the way
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Left handed is the way
View Quote

FPNI

I mean look at that avatar. How can you argue with that?
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
My daughter is that way. Shoots left, bow, rifle and shotgun. She shot 46 of 50 tonight, first time out of sweet & sour sick scare.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the same situation.  I am too old to learn to do anything left handed.  I shoot right handed, with a modern compound equipped with a peep sight and sight pins, it is literally the same as shooting a peep sighted rifle.  Just close your left eye.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you everyone for your responses! I'm going to try and test a left handed bow as well as a right handed ! Hopefully it might help me make my decision as I've been getting a lot of feedback on both sides !

Thanks again !
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My daughter is that way. Shoots left, bow, rifle and shotgun. She shot 46 of 50 tonight, first time out of sweet & sour sick scare.
View Quote
Wow !! That's so wonderful !! Did it take her a while to get used to it ? Or did you start her lefty from the get go ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm opposite and shoot right-handed.  I had started shooting left-handed.  When you switch, it's going to be awkward at first.  Stick with it.  It takes a few times shooting, but you'll get used to it soon enough and shoot better in the long run.  Besides, Fred Bear also said to shoot your dominate eye, and he ain't gonna lie.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top