Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 8:24:31 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a new harness strictly for hunting use. The top two I'm considering are the Hunter Safety System ultralite flex or the hybrid flex and the Muddy magnum. Those of you that use them, are there any cons or pros I should know or consider?

I like the slim design, quick clips to hook up and some of the options of pockets that each model has. I prefer the camo pattern because I think its odd to dress in all camo to go hunting but then put a big black strapped harness over it.
One thing I do on occasion is while up in my stand, if I get too warm or cold i'll take off layers or put more on. This is difficult to do and requires unhooking from the tree strap. Would these ease the process to allow me to remove the harness easily, change clothing and hook back in?

Thank you for any advice, experience and knowledge you can share.
Stay safe out there and good luck this season.
Steve
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the HSS ultralight of 3-4 years back. Love it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the HSS treestalker.  I like the vest option for all the pockets it affords - an iPhone 7 fits perfectly in the chest pocket.  I too get hot in the early season and it is really quick/easy to unclip and shed a sweatshirt.  It is a really comfortable harness.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer a repelling harness.
If I lose part of my climber or I fall, I want the attachment point in front of me, down low.
How do you free yourself if your attachment point is on your back?
How do you repel the rest of the way down if you are facing away from the tree?
I've never seen a reppeler attach his rope on his back,
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:36:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Black diamond alpine bod for me.  I used a HSS for years before this season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top