Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 11/24/2017 1:43:11 PM EDT
Anyone know if there's a decent bow for kids 6-8 yrs old? I want to get one for my daughters they seem interested and I don't want to get something that's going to be junk right away.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
OST. Interested too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my daughter a PSE Mini burner.  She started out at a 15lb pull and is now up to 30lbs.  A bit pricey but it was worth it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a Hoyt guy (Pro Defiant) so I'd lean towards recommending the Klash. Draw weight adjustable from 15-70# with a 18-29" draw length.

The Matthews Craze II also looks promising with similar specs.

Unfortunately, my son turned his attention to basketball before I could get him hooked on archery.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to let them have fun and fling arrows with minimal setup, the Genesis (or Genesis Mini) would be a great starting point.

If you want a true compound bow with the entire kit (sight, peep, release, rest, etc) you'll want one with a large adjustable draw length down to a low weight.  You can check out:

Hoyt Rukus (used) Fireshot/Klash (weight & budget)

Diamond Infinite Edge, Prism, atomic, etc.

Multiple models from Mission

Pick the one you like best.  They won't be junk, but do not expect them to be top-end bows with any resale value.  With a lot of adjustment, there's no reason your daughter's couldn't shoot the same bows for a long time though.

Buying used could certainly help if budget and/or resale is a concern.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll definitely check out the suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
the Diamond Infinite Edge is consistently rated as the best of it's type although it might be just a little too big size wise for a 6 year old.  Maybe not though and it's a bow that will work from a child all the way up to adulthood.  My sister really wants one and she's no child.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 1:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I started my son on a PVC bow to see if he liked it and see if he needed to shoot right or left handed.  He cheats on the “test,” so that was a good way to start.  Moved on to a Diamond Nuclear Ice which is a great kids bow.  He’s close to moving up and I missed some of the Cabelas deals so he may take over his mother’s infinite edge.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Diamond prism is my first choice. But then you have infinite edge and then sb-1. Also the klash is a good one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you decide on one?  For a 6-8y.o., the Infinite Edge, and Bear Cruzer G2, and some of the others that size (Hoyt, PSE, etc.) might be too big.  The Diamond Atomic would be a decent starter until you know she has the strength to hold the bow up for several shots (believe it or not, that is the biggest factor, over draw weight).  My 9y.o. had trouble holding a Diamond Razor Edge (prior model to the Infinite Edge) up for more than two shots, so we went with a Bear Cruzer Lite, and he loves it.  It will go up to 45# draw weight and plenty of draw length, so we won't have to change bows for a few more years.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top