Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 7:32:20 PM EDT
After 7 years of my Mathews Z7 Xtreme, I went to the shop and started trying on new ones.

I shot the Halon 32, but really enjoyed the Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo. The one I shot was blazingly fast. I shot my heavy 500gr arrows and it chrono'd at 275fps. I couldn't even do that with my 390gr arrows from the Z7.

Of course I wanted a bow they didn't have in stock, so they had to order it from Hoyt.

I'll outfit it with a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL, Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro, Bee Stinger 10/8 kit, and still undecided with the quiver. I'm thinking a Tight Spot, but I'm wondering if the Hoyt arrow rack would be lighter.

I'm really excited to take it out and start dialing it in.

ETA: It's here!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats man, it is always exciting to get new toys. I have 3 Mathews, just dont let them go when I get new ones.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I really did enjoy the Z7. It was a real sweet shooter with it's long valley, great wall, and 85% let off.

It made it perfect for a new shooter, so I gave it to a guy who wanted to get into archery.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Shot a couple of Hoyt 3 piece takedowns - liked them. Personal preference thing but I like wood in either 1 piece or 3 piece. If I decided to buy a metal riser takedown today it would be a Hoyt
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
My new 2017 Pro Defiant, RR Limbs, Hogg Father, Tight Spot, TT Smackdown Pro. Will prob switch to a Hamskea hybrid hunter pro if the TT wears out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My new 2017 Pro Defiant, RR Limbs, Hogg Father, Tight Spot, TT Smackdown Pro. Will prob switch to a Hamskea hybrid hunter pro if the TT wears out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27068/20170603-092320-227896.JPG
View Quote
Good looking rig.

I tried the pro, but the carbon was just too nice (maybe not $400 nice, but still nice).

A buddy of mine has the Hamskea, and it's a solid rig, but I got a 50% discount on the TT, which was worth it.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top