Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2022 6:38:25 PM EDT
12 year old granddaughter won 4th place at her first 3D traditional blanket shoot yesterday at the Stone's Trace rendezvous.  Before yesterday she had only ever shot 1 shot with a bow.  She had 10 minutes of instruction and practice before the shoot. Proud grandpa coach.  She won a nice kitchen knife because I traded prize picks with her so she got to pick first. She likes to cook so it will be well used.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome, congrats to you both.  I do have to ask, what's a "blanket shoot"?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brandi:
Awesome, congrats to you both.  I do have to ask, what's a "blanket shoot"?
View Quote
Everyone who enters puts a prize on the blanket.  After the shoot you pick a prize according to your finish.  I gave her my first place choice since she finished 4th and those who placed 2nd and 3rd didn't bring a prize so I got second choice.  I got the tin cup that she donated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Her form isn't perfect yet but she is getting very consistent and good groups

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to see tradition is a still alive and well in America
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't care if she placed 150th. to see a young person doing traditional archery and traditional wear in a traditional way with their grandfather made my day
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
I don't care if she placed 150th. to see a young person doing traditional archery and traditional wear in a traditional way with their grandfather made my day
View Quote
This is a pre-1840 reenactment.  We do 1812 period and she loves to be involved.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
she had so much fun that she spent over an hour yesterday practicing after the competition.  She shot 2 hours this morning at the practice and then shot again this afternoon.  With the showers and intermittent rain se canceled the competition today and had a fun shoot instead.  She got about an hour on the range this afternoon between the showers.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome!  Beats sitting around on a cellphone texting all weekend.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome story, thanks for the explanation of the blanket shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top