Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2022 5:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: km]
I started shooting target in the mid 1960s as a teenager.  I was using all I could afford.  A cheap Bear recurve.  Used that for many years.  Took my first deer with it in 1972.  Bought a compound in the 1980s but never really liked compound.  Then I started carving my own longbows.  My shooting coach in the 60s was my Dad's friend Bud Hitt.  Bud made super nice bows. I always wanted one but couldn't afford it.  Saturday I found a nice used 35# target bow.  So excited to add this great bow to my collection.  This bow was new in 1964.
Bud Hitt Black Ace Bows.  

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that's a beautiful bow.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brandi:
Wow, that's a beautiful bow.  Congratsg
View Quote
Google Bud Hitt and you will find a lot about him.  Great guy and made some of the best bows.  I found a guy selling out a collection of Bud's bows and got one. Heard he has about 30 of them
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!  I'm shooting a modern ILF rig now but I know the I'll own one like yours someday.  So beautiful and sleek but deadly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Got out to shoot it the first time today.  90 Shots.  5 six shot rounds at 10, 15 and 20 yards.  By the time I finished I was losing accuracy because my shoulder was getting tired.
Group 2 @10 yards.
Attachment Attached File

Group 12 @ 20 yards
Attachment Attached File

I really like this bow.  
Yesterday I bought another Bud Hitt bow for my 12 year old granddaughter to shoot.  
1969 28# bow
Attachment Attached File

Both came from the same person dispersing her grandfather's collection.  It should be here Monday. If it is as nice as the 1964 bow I will be very happy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats again on the second beautiful bow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top