Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2014 4:46:35 PM EDT
I just started bow hunting this year and need some advice. What would be a good 100 grain broad head to use on hogs? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd stick with a cut on contact type blade, and I think if you are pushing the light end of arrow weights for you set up I might want a little heavier arrow for hogs than you can get away with for deer. I'm not convinced there is all that much difference between the more popular cut on contact type heads.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used g5 montecs with great success on hogs. I switched last year to Ramcat and those have both done great. In my opinion i would stay away from mechanical.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot a 200# sow last year with a Spitfire 100 grain and this is what happened....

I hit her a little high but the arrow did not pass through. I am shooting 70# 28" draw.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I hear a lot of talk about using QAD Exodus on pigs. I'm shooting Rage Hypodermics and I'm gonna try them on pig this year. If I get a pass through on deer with them, I'm confident they can put a pig down.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used g5 montecs with great success on hogs.... In my opinion i would stay away from mechanical.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used NAP 2 blade blood runners and have had no problems dropping them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Baseline Thunderheads, if they don't do it you are in trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top