Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2017 12:11:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My boys have a lot of small bows. Everything from really cheap to infinite edge pro. Love the infinite edge pro. Have a knowledgeable shop set it up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#2]
First thing to decide is compound or traditional
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out the Samick Polaris
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
How about a Genesis?

I started my son with a Diamond Nuclear Ice and he really liked it
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
First thing you do is check what eye is dominant.

Buy a bow Left or Right handed based not on handyness but on eye domination.

http://www.completeguidetoarchery.com/the-best-recurve-bows-our-picks/
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Mission Craze. Think it's a Craze2 now.  Daughter has the Craze. She doesn't shoot it anymore though
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions. I am making a list and am going to get her to a few archery shops to check some of them out and see what they have.
View Quote

What route did you wind up going with your daughters bow? My daughter turns 10 in December and told me she wants to try archery.

I know this is an old thread but I’m curious what route you went and if you would do anything different whe she was starting out?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
My 7 year old took some archery lessons.  They put them on recurves to teach them the basics.  He really enjoyed it.  I started looking at the bows for him, but I wanted to get him a compound.  They are just easier to shoot for a lot of reasons and I knew that he would want one like mine anyway.  I decided on the PSE mini burner.  I got him the right handed version with a 40 lb max(dialed it down to about 22 currently but it will go lower).  I had to order it on amazon because the bow shops didn't have it.  He has been shooting it for about 3 weeks and loves it.  It is super easy to adjust for length of pull and to adjust the poundage.  We got that pretty close and took it to a bow shop.  They tied in a peep, added the D-Loop, got him a little release and sighted it in at 5, 10 and 15 yards.  He has been shooting almost every night in our basement at 5-10 yards just working on the basics.  We are going to hit a total archery challenge this summer so he is pretty motivated to get better and stronger so that he can shoot from further.  He can hold over at 20 yards and be pretty close, but we haven't pushed it beyond that yet.  I think it will last him about 3 or 4 years until we can pass it down to his brother who is 3 and get him the next step up.  If she likes pink, PSE has a pink one.  The one that we got was a camo version and it looks pretty good.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top