Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 4/10/2021 6:17:42 PM EDT
I have no idea what they are.
If they are good or worth anything?
I plan on keeping 2 maybe 3 but not sure which.
Please guide a bow noob!

The Bows
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hunters are very leery of used bows. Damage from being dropped from the stands is hard to detect.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Hoyt and PSE make good stuff. I love my Hoyt Pro Defiant.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Samick is Korean, decent quality. I have one of their longbows and have no complaints.
But not high dollar by any means.

Dropping from a tree stand is only only one way to damage a bow, firing without an arrow is bad juju too.
But cared for the Hoyt should be a keeper.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks gents
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Take them to a local archery shop (preferably one with good reviews) and have them look them all over.

Those all look old enough to be niche as far as market desirability. Even used bows of a year or two don't command much in the way of resale value.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The boss one was the first one cam from pse, they were trying to compete with the Mathews one cam. You have one of each. I bought a boss one when I was 14, it was a piece of shit.

Also, none of those are worth much. Old bows don’t really hold their value. You could make recurves out of a couple of the compounds maybe. Look up warf bows.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Samick is Korean, decent quality. I have one of their longbows and have no complaints.
But not high dollar by any means.
View Quote

The early ones yes, but most of the Sage and Journey bows are made in China.  The rights have been bought and sold several times over.  I think Galaxy owns the rights now.

Almost all bows have materials and labor from China, unfortunately.  The high-end USA bows get their billet aluminum from a Chinese exporter and CNC those here, for example.  Those same manufacturers with their budget brand buy their Chinese billet aluminum with more finish done to it before importing.

The world's largest exporter of aluminum is China, by a country mile.  The reason is the smelting process produces significant quantities of greenhouse gases.  I'm not talking about CO2, but fluorocarbons.  That makes it difficult for countries with greenhouse gas emissions cap to manufacture aluminum and is why China is doing most of the world's smelting of aluminum.  I think the first person to make aluminum out of ore was a Dutch or Danish guy.  I don't remember which.

So, if you buy an expensive Elite, Matthews, Bowtech, etc., China is profiting off you.  The people over at archerytalk.com don't want to know this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoyt is made in UT.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take them to a local archery shop (preferably one with good reviews) and have them look them all over.

Those all look old enough to be niche as far as market desirability. Even used bows of a year or two don't command much in the way of resale value.

View Quote

This. Unfortunately they're not going to worth much unless someone feels nostalgic. I'd probably keep the one camo Mathews and the Hoyt target bow as both were nice bows in their time, then sell the rest and buy a nice new bow - if you're interested in archery that is. Of course, this is assuming they can be adjusted to fit you.

Don't be surprised if the shop doesn't show interest in buying them or selling on consignment. That is an eclectic collection IMO.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
@Noob_Thoughts

The Martin Saber is a good basic bow, I have one.  What pound limbs are on it? I might be interested in buying if it's not one you keep.

The PSE is an old bow and doesn't really have any value but would still be fun to shoot.  The Onieda is a guess depending on which model it is.  Personally I love Oniedas, most people hate them.  I wish I had never sold mine .

The Samick isn't worth very much financially but could be a fun shooter as long as the limbs are in good shape.  

All in all they aren't that valuable money wise but still good fun shooters.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top