Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2012 2:07:10 PM EDT
Anybody do this on a compound bow?  Yesterday, I lost a vane on one of my arrows, so I sliced the rest of them off and decided to bareshaft tune.

I started at 10 yards and the bareshaft revealed I could use some very small tweaking of my rest to get the shaft to fly straighter and group with the fletched arrows.

Then I moved to 20 and fine tune it even more.   Then to 30 and finally to 40.  There the bareshaft was so touchy to slightest imperfection in shooting form that I yawed one shot really bad and ended up losing the arrow.  I should have quit while I was ahead.

But I was suprised at how well it fine tuned my bow.  Made the bow forgiving and easy to hit the bullseye.  Arrows flying consistently straighter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Never on a compound, but I've used the method with traditional bows.

If a bare shaft flys well, it's cake with the feathers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top