Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 10/16/2019 11:18:15 PM EDT
I started shooting a compound bow back in the early-mid eighties. I've been bowhunting since around '86. Around '03-'04 I switched to a longbow and have really enjoyed the simplicity and light weight of the bows. Last couple years, I just haven't dedicated the time to stay as proficient as I'd like to be, shooting instinctive.

I've been looking to get back into a compound for hunting. I'll be keeping my stickbows but want something I'm more confident with in the deer woods.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a bow and I came across the Blackout Intrigue at BPS (designed by Bowtech). The few reviews I can find on it are pretty good, especially for the price. When I checked one out at the local store I liked the feel of it and it was only $320, fully loaded. (Of course it went off-sale a couple days later and is now $350) The peep site would get upgraded on the spot, and I can upgrade the site and rest down the road if I feel like it needs it.

The last new compound I bought was a PSE Firestorm back around 2001. I figure even with the Intrigue being an entry-level bow, it's still a hell of an improvement over 20 year old tech.

I don't have a grand+ to throw at a Mathews or Hoyt, so any thoughts or experience with this budget bow?

I have a new release, some nice arrows and the ability to tune them.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top