Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2022 6:50:20 PM EDT
I’m wondering if anyone here has ever built a dedicated 22LR upper with a fixed fsb barrel and an A2 upper and if so how it zeroed with irons, any experience with the 6/3 or 8/3 sight is appreciated.

I have a CMMG M4 type barrel and an FN A2 rifle upper with 8/3 rifle rear sight, and am thinking of marrying the two.

If it won’t be usable, shots too low or high, then I’ll just throw it on a flattop probably.

Regards!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The F marked FSB is going to be just a smidge higher than a non-F marked.  You can buy a shorter front sight post, or just turn it in a couple more turns, IIRC.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You can always file down a sight post, so I'd expect you could get 'er on.  Would be a nice build I imagine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
With a 50 yard zero I’ve never had an issue zeroing a 22 LR with the fixed tower front sight or fold down front sights.   When I put a 22 conversion in my M-16 A-1 the 22 LR point of impact was not that far off from 0 to 100 yards.   I had to hold over at 100 yards (4”-6”) depending on the 22 LR  but I had to do that with a 50 yards zero with a 22 LR dedicated upper.

A Friend used a Ciener conversion in a Colt 20” 1:9 twist CMV 5.56 with 3-6 carry handle.   He remembered the clicks for different ranges and dialed the A-2 sight.    I don’t think you’ll have any trouble moving the front sight to zero your 22 LR.  I like the 50 yard zero with my AR-22’s.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
didn't have a problem zeroing even a short ~10" .22 barrel ... cut down a CMMG 16" barrel and roll pinned a take off front sight base to make a rim fire irons division barrel for my SBR... not an A2 but carry handle... I used a cheap NCSTAR carry handle, so drop the drum sight all the way down, and adjust elevation with the front sight, and use the rear for windage...unfortunately I was not able to track the front sight tower well, and replaced with a railed fore end and added a Striplin flip up fiber optic, still with the carry handle rear
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you all for the replies, I just got it together.
Now just need to find time to shoot and see how it does. I expect it will be fine now..

Regards
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top