Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2021 12:07:10 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with them? Brownells is out of stock and I see they have a set that that say is not Brownells. Are they any good. My one set from Brownells seems to fit well was wondering what the consensus was on the US collector ordnance?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered from them many moons ago. It is USGI issue.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
They have a repro set now, that is what I am inquiring about.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they repro?  I thought they were refinishing and cleaning up old USGI.

Eta: yep, looks like they also have Repro now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the Cavalry Manufacturing A1 length stock and the same repro handguards that most places are selling.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I would stick with the USGI. Just my opinion...
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Are the as good or better than Brownells?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Are the as good or better than Brownells?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The stocks don't resemble A1 stocks in the least, Brownells at least looks the part of the early M16 stocks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stocks don't resemble A1 stocks in the least, Brownells at least looks the part of the early M16 stocks.
View Quote

This^^^

The stock that US Ordnance is advertising is not an E type reproduction. It would not be correct for any A1 build. The Brownells reproduction D type stock would be correct for any M16A1 produced between 1967-1970. Anyone looking to build an A1 from the 1971-1982 time frame, you are much better off trying to find an original USGI E type stock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
At this moment Brownells green and brown Type D buttstocks are in stock for $43. Black is not but there's always the flat black rattle can.

I really like these Type D stocks and now have five. They can rattle too much but it's easy to take off the buttplate then wrap some duct tape around the reinforcement insert to wedge it in nice and tight.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At this moment Brownells green and brown Type D buttstocks are in stock for $43. Black is not but there's always the flat black rattle can.

I really like these Type D stocks and now have five. They can rattle too much but it's easy to take off the buttplate then wrap some duct tape around the reinforcement insert to wedge it in nice and tight.
View Quote

Why are people spending $43 on reproductions that have to be painted, when you can find nice originals at gun shows for  $40 to $50?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why are people spending $43 on reproductions that have to be painted, when you can find nice originals at gun shows for  $40 to $50?
View Quote

Unfortunately I haven't seen an original Type D stock for that price at a local gun show lately. I should have looked around more online.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

when you can find nice originals at gun shows
View Quote

The COVID excuse has torpedoed lots of shows recently.  If not in your area, consider yourself fortunate.  Around here, there hasn't been one that didn't get cancelled since this perversion of our liberties got started.  

I was gonna add "and no end in sight" but didn't want to get chastised for turning this into a political discussion.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Been hunting for a stock for a while. EE stocks have been near $100 the past month.

But Numrich does have these, which could be gold or turds: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/564730B   https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/564720B

I assume you could repair/restore a crappy stock with some cleaning and care. Use JB weld on cracks, clean the surface and refinish with varnish, remove rust.. then you have  nice stock.

Screw it boys I am buying a numrich for $27.00 and rolling the dice. Will keep yall posted.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#15]
As promised, I am back with my report on my $27 Numrich Stock. I got a nicely mottled early stock with no cracks and no major issues issues!

Here are the small things I had to clean up:

-The rubber butt plate is a bit dry and cracked but it cleaned up really nicely.
-The sling swivel had surface rust that I wire wheeled off and then re-blued.
-A bit of dirt I cleaned off.

It is a really nice stock that has cleaned up very nicely. Not bad for the price at all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a USGI type D ordered from Sarco, I think it was $45? said they were in stock, but it hasn’t shipped yet. As far as the type E, I just received a USGI from Fulton for $39, after a little cleanup is nice, not mint, but nice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Update;
My $45 type D stock arrived From Sarco, not bad, I would rate it a solid 7/10, honest wear, sling swivel pen hole not cracked, butt plate is in good condition. I think $53 by the time it was shipped to me. Much better than $150 stocks on gun broker.
Throwing in a pic of my type EAttachment Attached File
stock from Fulton armory as well I believe it was $39. But it did not come with the butt plate.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Agreed. Nothing is more real than authentic.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top