Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2021 11:57:59 AM EDT
whats the story on these? mishaco and some other youtubers were showing off the kits early but hkparts.net hasnt replied in over a month. 3 times no reply nothing in spam folder very unusual for them. also been watching here to learn but didnt find anything yet. is it not in retro forum somehow? anyone order these? regular a1 barrels fit?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one last week off gunrboker for $1050 that’s a lot better than theirs. They do use standard a1 barrels but need to be a virgin barrel as the port is slightly forward on the T65. You also need a special tool for the barrel nut.

Here is mine and I have a virgin barrel coming in tomorrow for it. I also have a buddy who is making me a correctly marked lower so should be a fun project

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Well that’s funny. You’re already here lol
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one last week off gunrboker for $1050 that’s a lot better than theirs. They do use standard a1 barrels but need to be a virgin barrel as the port is slightly forward on the T65. You also need a special tool for the barrel nut.

Here is mine and I have a virgin barrel coming in tomorrow for it. I also have a buddy who is making me a correctly marked lower so should be a fun project

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372020/14CBD024-94A2-4102-A476-9FA1F88A711D_jpe-1940742.JPG
View Quote

Where'd you find a virgin barrel? I'd like to get one of those kits, but the barrel question is stopping me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where'd you find a virgin barrel? I'd like to get one of those kits, but the barrel question is stopping me.
View Quote

A buddy had a couple spares. No where in stock. Just standard a1 barrel
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A buddy had a couple spares. No where in stock. Just standard a1 barrel
View Quote

What are you doing about the gas port?

And does anyone have a close up of the T65 lower rollmarks?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I nabbed a kit from HK parts when they released them, a few friends of mine did as well. All things considered I'm happy with my kit, it was grimmy as all hell but some simple green and dish soap cleaned it up really well. I won't lie, I'm still a bit disappointed in the over all condition of my furniture, but win some, you lose some. I feel bad for a guy I know,  his kinda got the shaft om his kit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought the gas port was in the same spot, but the taper pins were different? At least that’s what the guy who build one and posted the video online.

I know Mishaco used one of the brownells A1 proto barrels with the shorter gas block journal and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
If someone wants a kit email the t91 tactical guy(or pm me for his email). He has a upper already built up with a faxon barrel. I wanted to get it but dumb finances came up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:02:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I need to look at the LAV books, does anyone have any high def photos of these roll markings?

We have CAD for lower forgings.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I need to look at the LAV books, does anyone have any high def photos of these roll markings?

We have CAD for lower forgings.
View Quote

I pulled this from an airsoft site, but I dont speak Chinese, so i cant comment on authenticity.

I pulled these from close ups of a realistic T65 airsoft gun.

They came from this site:
http://www.papagoarms.com.tw/Collection/Detail/3368?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Some want export marks, some want domestic.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:22:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Ordered a kit so I’m in I guess.

Does anybody know if the website offers FFL dealer discounts?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#14]

The markings translate in English:

Rifle 5.56 Type 65
Made in Republic of China

The logo is the military arsenal mark

Yes, you read it right, the official country name is "Republic of China" if you are not familiar with the history of Taiwan. Don't be confused with the Communist China - "People's Republic of China".
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought one of the kits from HK. It is as already described by others. As far as I can tell, the gas port is in the correct location. The piece that the top handguard is secured to came with a large headed screw that apparently screws into a heli-coill insert...Bill
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like a cool project
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bought one of the kits from HK. It is as already described by others. As far as I can tell, the gas port is in the correct location. The piece that the top handguard is secured to came with a large headed screw that apparently screws into a heli-coill insert...Bill
View Quote

How would say your kit is condition wise?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]
the op rod and parts as well as the flash hider have a light coat of rust. The handguards are intact, but have much field use showing. The bolt has a lot of play. the buttstock shows heavy use like the handguards. the receiver has a golden hue to it. the buffer tube seems to be made of carbon fiber. hope this helps...Bill
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
the op rod and parts as well as the flash hider have a light coat of rust. The handguards are intact, but have much field use showing. The bolt has a lot of play. the buttstock shows heavy use like the handguards. the receiver has a golden hue to it. the buffer tube seems to be made of carbon fiber. hope this helps...Bill
View Quote

As far as I can tell the bolt having play is normal, I have a Wolf A1 upper with less then 100 rounds through it and it's all loose goosy too. Sounds like yours is in pretty okay shape all things considered
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I will have to add a rubber lining to the front handguard cap to keep the handguards from rattling...Bill
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Just did this today. I plan on putting a coat of green on the furniture and semi-gloss black to the upper receiver. The lower on it at the moment is an Anderson, which I plan on replacing soon. The bolt had no gas rings on it. Are they needed on a piston driven gun? I plan on a range trip in the next day or two. I will let you know if I got the gas port lined up correctly. ALL of the small parts, screws, flash hider, mag catch, takedown pins, etc. are rusty...Bill

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#22]
why green?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
why green?
View Quote

why not? In most of the pictures I've seen, they were green. Course, that could have been the T65k2. Do you think I should go with black?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just did this today. I plan on putting a coat of green on the furniture and semi-gloss black to the upper receiver. The lower on it at the moment is an Anderson, which I plan on replacing soon. The bolt had no gas rings on it. Are they needed on a piston driven gun? I plan on a range trip in the next day or two. I will let you know if I got the gas port lined up correctly. ALL of the small parts, screws, flash hider, mag catch, takedown pins, etc. are rusty...Bill

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489699/1_T65_jpg-1957761.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489699/2_T65_jpg-1957762.JPG
View Quote

The reason the bolt has so much play in the carrier is because they have no gas rings, didn't need it. Looks great when it's all done. Really need to get mine built
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

why not? In most of the pictures I've seen, they were green. Course, that could have been the T65k2. Do you think I should go with black?
View Quote

The K2 definitely had green furniture in all the photos I've seen.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am in the dark on these... this is one of those guns that there is very little information about. I do see the later versions have green furniture, I didn't know if you knew something I didn't about these early guns. I will start doing some search work in their language which should turn up more pics.

Go buy some Penetrol from the hardware store and rubber gloves. The first coat will need to be rubbed into the material but once it soaks it up, you can coat it until it looks fairly good. I have been restoring AK bakelite/plastics like this for years.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Just back from the range. I fired 20 rounds through the gun, and it worked fine with one exception: about every 4th or 5th shot, the rear night sight would jump up from the recoil. Other than that, it worked fine...Bill
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just back from the range. I fired 20 rounds through the gun, and it worked fine with one exception: about every 4th or 5th shot, the rear night sight would jump up from the recoil. Other than that, it worked fine...Bill
View Quote

Which barrel did you end up using?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Which barrel did you end up using?
View Quote

Faxon 20" gunners barrel. Got it from Right to Bear Arms...Bill
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Faxon 20" gunners barrel. Got it from Right to Bear Arms...Bill
View Quote

Looks great, nice build!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#31]

techno_000

where in Texas are you? I'm in northeast Texas close to Texarkana...Bill
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#32]
the Beaumont area... the armpit of TX
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know what bayonet the type 65 rifle uses?
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what bayonet the type 65 rifle uses?
View Quote

This one.

Granted this is coming straight from Taiwan which I didn’t read so still don’t have it and ordered 2 weeks ago lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]
tagged
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#36]
here she is dressed up a little. It is finished except for the new lower I am having engraved...Bill

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Nice build, mine's about done as well, just sent the barrel off to ADCO to get the FSB installed.

What rivet did you use for the upper handguard retainer?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice build, mine's about done as well, just sent the barrel off to ADCO to get the FSB installed.

What rivet did you use for the upper handguard retainer?
View Quote

I used a roll pin since I couldn't find a rivet in my junk box. As soon as I find a rivet, I will replace the roll pin. I am also going to replace the upper handguard screw with a more corrct one...Bill
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top