Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2018 1:11:45 PM EDT
bought a complete BCG from the EE here that was a basically brand new nitrided unit marketed and branded by rainier arms. i certainly dont blame them but whoever is making their extractors needs to pull their head out of their ass.

the grove was so shallow that is started to fail to extract within a 100 rounds. bought a new DPMS gen2 version with a nice deep grove and fixed the issue but i also bought a brand new complete bolt from some high end 308 parts company that came with the same shit extractor.

fyi....buyer be ware.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Another reason why I recommend buying from a reputable company who stands behind their products, does a lot of extensive testing of entire systems as opposed to just cranking out individual components that would have never passed a half-decent QC process, and sells complete rifles.

Very few people who are making AR10 parts know what they need to be looking at, because they haven't built a series of rifles that were stringently tested to a high standard, then refined, and held to a specific technical data package that has input from competent engineering staff.

Individual machine shops will often have competent staff, but it isn't their name going on the extractors, bolts, carriers, gas keys, tubes, rings, etc.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
bought a complete BCG from the EE here that was a basically brand new nitrided unit marketed and branded by rainier arms. i certainly dont blame them but whoever is making their extractors needs to pull their head out of their ass.

the grove was so shallow that is started to fail to extract within a 100 rounds. bought a new DPMS gen2 version with a nice deep grove and fixed the issue but i also bought a brand new complete bolt from some high end 308 parts company that came with the same shit extractor.

fyi....buyer be ware.
View Quote
Yes I have had this problem too, a couple years ago. my buddy was upgrading his rifle and decided to put a rainier arms BCG in to replace the unknown brand bought from Blackhole weaponwry back in like 10-11 timeframe... the long and short is that  the old unknown bolt is in the Rainier carrier for this reason and as the other was just spare parts we never worried about replacing the extractor...

Fastforward to now and I am about to use his old BCG for my 308 build, and this reminds me I need to get an extractor for it, where did you get yours? I cant seem to recall finding it by itself just in kits...
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes I have had this problem too, a couple years ago. my buddy was upgrading his rifle and decided to put a rainier arms BCG in to replace the unknown brand bought from Blackhole weaponwry back in like 10-11 timeframe... the long and short is that  the old unknown bolt is in the Rainier carrier for this reason and as the other was just spare parts we never worried about replacing the extractor...

Fastforward to now and I am about to use his old BCG for my 308 build, and this reminds me I need to get an extractor for it, where did you get yours? I cant seem to recall finding it by itself just in kits...
View Quote
midway has the DMPS gen2 and brownells has the JP ones. i have one of the JP on the way now too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to know
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top