Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2020 1:50:32 PM EDT
what rechargeable CR123 batteries are good for running in Surefire Scouts/X300's ?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the Olight.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a mixture of Eagletac, Nitecore, Olight and AW RCR123 cells. I haven't noticed any difference between any of them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
None of them are "good" per say if the light is not designed to use 3.7V lithium ions. You just get a really reduced run time instead of higher run time and more output.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Surefire is selling rechargeable CR123. Can't remember the brand. I've been running them at work in my EB1 and 300 Scout light with no problems.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scarghillie:
Surefire is selling rechargeable CR123. Can't remember the brand. I've been running them at work in my EB1 and 300 Scout light with no problems.
View Quote

K2 energy LFP123A 3.2v, although they test at 3.7v on my multimeter. I have been running them in my Flir Breach for well over a year now with zero issues and occasionally throw them in a x400V-IRC.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevL:
None of them are "good" per say if the light is not designed to use 3.7V lithium ions. You just get a really reduced run time instead of higher run time and more output.
View Quote

This. Not sure why people bother with RCR123As.  Primaries are cheap, and have a long shelf life.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top