Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2020 1:59:23 PM EDT
So adding sling provisions is really the last thing I need to do to several rifles, and one future planned build (still waiting on stock, barrel and hand guard choices).

Cool, AIM has BCM mlok sockets for $18 (need 5), BCM end plates w/ qd sockets for $19 (need 2), and BCM sling studs for $14 (need 8).  $240!

Seeing as how my slings are simple paracord solomon bar knots, spending $50 per rifle just to attach them seems... silly almost.

Are any of the offerings on amazon, etc. worth it or all they all chinesium junk (fairly sure on the answer but occasionally there is a underrated deal)?

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought the same thing, bought cheap stuff off of Amazon and eBay, and have gone to purchasing quality stuff. The cheap stuff isn't always to spec and I had my sling swivels pull right out of the Chinese socket and my hit the ground. Buy once, cry one.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought the same thing, bought cheap stuff off of Amazon and eBay, and have gone to purchasing quality stuff. The cheap stuff isn't always to spec and I had my sling swivels pull right out of the Chinese socket and my hit the ground. Buy once, cry one.
View Quote

Kinda what I figure but every so often there is a well made Thing for too cheap a price to resist (the UTG "slim" fixed irons for example)
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Why so many slings? Wouldn't one or two slings suffice since you're using QD?

FWIW I just ordered 2 swivels and 1 m-lok mount directly from BCM and the prices were the same ($46 total). In a separate order the end plate was $17. Shipping was $6 for each order and tax about $3.50 each order. Not sure how much the shipping is compared to AIM. I've noticed some pretty insane shipping prices at some of these companies.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why so many slings? Wouldn't one or two slings suffice since you're using QD?

FWIW I just ordered 2 swivels and 1 m-lok mount directly from BCM and the prices were the same ($46 total). In a separate order the end plate was $17. Shipping was $6 for each order and tax about $3.50 each order. Not sure how much the shipping is compared to AIM. I've noticed some pretty insane shipping prices at some of these companies.
View Quote

Because each rifle/AR pistol should have a sling, period. (and my futuristic blaster 22lr pistol is gonna get a lanyard).

AIM has free shipping when you order over $50 in parts, and JoeBobOutfitters has it when you order over $90 in parts.  One of the reasons I love doing business with both companies.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#5]
So you trying to outfit 4 AR's for slinging and your bitchin' about the cost of first class hardware??

Maybe have just one less AR to outfit and you can afford to buy and gold plate the dang things.....

What a first world problem to have......

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried Bcm, spike's, and utg qd swivels. Cant tell a difference quality-wise.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So you trying to outfit 4 AR's for slinging and your bitchin' about the cost of first class hardware??

Maybe have just one less AR to outfit and you can afford to buy and gold plate the dang things.....

What a first world problem to have......

View Quote

#truth
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait for Damage Industries to have another big sale, their swivels and QD end plates are quality.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, if it seems too good to be true, it is. I put an Amazon QD setup on my M4, signed it got used for PMI. 1SG gorillahands broke my swivels just picking the gun up. Very embarrassing.

I agree with the other fella, just get 2 or 3 slings, attach sockets to each gun(if needed) and be done with it. Unless you're planning to outfit a guerrilla army I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheap shit nets cheap results.

When your QD detaches from the socket unexpectedly and your rig hits the ground you'll get it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#11]
That's the cost of playing the game homie.

BCM, Impact Weapons Components, Magpul, etc., are all quality and worth the money spent.

Just did the same thing with a bunch of AR's including dual QD Magpul MS4 slings and ALG ACT triggers that replaced crappy parts kits triggers. Best $75 I've ever spent.

Don't buy Chinesium shit.

Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]
The UTG Pro QD Socket is good. I have a few of them. Not much price difference between that and something like a BCM though.
I've also had good luck with the Damage Industries QD Swivels.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't buy Chinesium shit.

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#14]
JIMHO, if you have a choice between a steel vs aluminum QD sling swivel socket, I'm thinking the steel is a better choice, since the QD swivel is also steel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#15]
was looking at the same thing. If I go cheap I will be going the HK hooks instead.

Even been looking at making my own sling. Which I think is a sticky here
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#16]
This topic shows using GrovTech QD sling swivel bases/sockets. It's been years and no issues at all. I haven't found a less expensive or easier alternative. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
was looking at the same thing. If I go cheap I will be going the HK hooks instead.

Even been looking at making my own sling. Which I think is a sticky here
View Quote

Like I posted, I do make my own slings (well, I get my oldest daughter to, she's go nimble fingers) and I'm a cheap person when it comes to function over form.

Suckin' it up and spending the $ (ZM is doing well for me....) for at least one of the slings I need/want to set up, investigating the HK or similar style hook idea as well....
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#18]
These are a pretty universal option too.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/uloop
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#19]
USGI silent slings are like $10.....

Paired with a set of Magpul QDs that's a pretty solid setup that won't break the bank.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
USGI silent slings are like $10.....

Paired with a set of Magpul QDs that's a pretty solid setup that won't break the bank.
View Quote

We won't get into what it cost me to raise the daughter but $8 for enough 550 cord to make several slings is a great deal for me.  Only issues is attaching.

Oh well, money is spent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I also recommend to get a couple of swings for all of the rifles. I have one Magpul MS4 for two rifles right now and plan to share it with a future purchase.
I would also pay for good sling mounts/hardware.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top