Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 10:50:07 AM EDT
in the near future I will be looking for a kac mod 2 mlok with 14.5 barrel. im wanting to pair this to a LMT mars-L lower so I only need the upper.

anyone know of any dealers selling just the complete upper and if possible has a LE discount?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.kellyenterprises.net/knight-s-armament-rifles-on-sale/knight-s-sr-15-e3-14-5in-mod-2-upper-receiver-nib-detail.html

Not sure about the LEO discount
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure KAC does a MIL/LE discount directly from them. I would contact KAC first.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Big Tex Outdoors with 15% off coupon was actually cheaper that LEO/MIL discount
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
thank you guys
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
@RJeff21

KAC does offer something.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@RJeff21

KAC does offer something.
View Quote

Yeah they do, direct through them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Contact Interstate Guns, Hammond, LA

I think they have one on the shelf.

That is going to be an excellent set up, KAC upper on a MARS lower. Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just curious, why wouldn’t you want a KAC IWS complete lower?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because the MARS lower is better.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

my reasoning is the full ambi bolt hold open. I have an MWS with mars-h and absolutely love it. I may just buy a complete kac rifle but I believe I can build a better lower for cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

my reasoning is the full ambi bolt hold open. I have an MWS with mars-h and absolutely love it. I may just buy a complete kac rifle but I believe I can build a better lower for cheaper.
View Quote

FYI, If you build a lower with a KAC Upper, I recommend using the PWS MK1 Mod 2 Stripped Lower, exact same as the KAC IWS Lower in regards to its ambidextrous functions, but forged and a lot sexier looking and a whole lot cheaper then KAC IWS Lower. Meshes great with a KAC Upper, check it out and give it a look, I promise this is what you seek. LMT MARS-L is also another great option as you have stated, others having recommended, and you can get it stripped, as well as it being fully ambidextrous as you know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Big Tex Outdoors with 15% off coupon was actually cheaper that LEO/MIL discount
View Quote

What’s this 15% off you speak of
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

FYI, If you build a lower with a KAC Upper, I recommend using the PWS MK1 Mod 2 Stripped Lower, exact same as the KAC IWS Lower in regards to its ambidextrous functions, but forged and a lot sexier looking and a whole lot cheaper then KAC IWS Lower. Meshes great with a KAC Upper, check it out and give it a look, I promise this is what you seek. LMT MARS-L is also another great option as you have stated, others having recommended, and you can get it stripped, as well as it being fully ambidextrous as you know.
View Quote

@InfamousAKAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

KAC lowers are very disappointing for the money. Saying that as someone that has owned them. Sold them all off when I wisened up.

For the same money if not slightly less, you can get a MARS-L which is nicer in terms of ambi design and stock that comes on it. KAC has cheapened out by swapping the $200 LMT SOPMOD with a $30 MagPul while keeping the price the same.

For even less money the PWS Mod 2 is much nicer than a KAC. Still forged. Lighter than the KAC. Nicer flared magwell. Has integrated trigger guard. Cheaper too if I didn't mention that already.

Then you also have ADM and Radian that make a nicer ambi lower than the KAC.

So in summary, the KAC lower is overpriced compared to other options and is also lacking in features compared to other options.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

KAC lowers are very disappointing for the money. Saying that as someone that has owned them. Sold them all off when I wisened up.

For the same money if not slightly less, you can get a MARS-L which is nicer in terms of ambi design and stock that comes on it. KAC has cheapened out by swapping the $200 LMT SOPMOD with a $30 MagPul while keeping the price the same.

For even less money the PWS Mod 2 is much nicer than a KAC. Still forged. Lighter than the KAC. Nicer flared magwell. Has integrated trigger guard. Cheaper too if I didn't mention that already.

Then you also have ADM and Radian that make a nicer ambi lower than the KAC.

So in summary, the KAC lower is overpriced compared to other options and is also lacking in features compared to other options.
View Quote

Exactly what I said, as you know how it goes, your statement is absolutely worthless without pictures.

Pictures I know you got, LOLOLOLOLOL. Show em off, and let em know whats up!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#17]
tampatac0 has a CQB MLOK 11.5 on a MARS-L lower.

You're on the right track, OP.

It will be a nice gun when you've got it together.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
in the near future I will be looking for a kac mod 2 mlok with 14.5 barrel. im wanting to pair this to a LMT mars-L lower so I only need the upper.

anyone know of any dealers selling just the complete upper and if possible has a LE discount?
View Quote

I’ve got a new 31949 if you can’t source one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a used mod 2 M-lok 14.5 with a pinned flash hider  I might consider letting it go sans irons if you are interested. PM if you want to talk about it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I was looking at getting a KAC lower for an 11.5 or 14.5 build and now you all got me reconsidering getting a LMT lower. Decisions...decisions...

Btw, is that kellyenterprise price for a 14.5 a good deal?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was looking at getting a KAC lower for an 11.5 or 14.5 build and now you all got me reconsidering getting a LMT lower. Decisions...decisions...

Btw, is that kellyenterprise price for a 14.5 a good deal?
View Quote

Talking about the upper only? I would say the price listed on his site is a good price. I would doubt any are currently in stock ready to ship though, but you could always call and see.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Talking about the upper only? I would say the price listed on his site is a good price. I would doubt any are currently in stock ready to ship though, but you could always call and see.
View Quote

Thanks for input DeviantHero. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
The KAC lowers are a total crapshoot.

Useless ambi functions aside... 2/3 IWS lowers wont drop free a gen 3 pmag.  
Another one I got had huge trigger ears coming out the bottom. Rubbed me raw.
Another one I got had big anodizing spots on the inside that were straight white (RMAed this).

In terms of parts value it was actually a preety good deal when they came with LMT stock.
$330 KAC Trigger + $200 LMT stock + $50 LMT Tube + $70 kac buffer + $80 KAC endplate +$45 KAC Saftey (incomplete kit) = $775 before the stripped IWS lower and small parts

And I've seen the IWS lowers for $850... You could break it into "new" parts and sell it for more than that.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top