Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2018 6:45:47 PM EDT
I ordered a 5" barrel from SLR Firearms , and I really don't want to order their handguard.. First it is pricey , 2, ID is too small. I would like to know if anyone using a free float 4"-5" barrels from Ebay? They are no brand from China. I have 3 barrels with a take down system on my SBR , and need a 3rd handguard.. The smallest Handguard I have is 9.2" Yankee Hill, and I can't find their shortest one online, and can't find what ID is it. Ihave 2 choice, find a 5 " wide enough ID so my suppressor will fit with a thread connection, or get a 4, or 4.25 shorter than a thread will stick out , and I need a muzzle break when not using the suppressor. All of these below out of stock.

-ERGO 2 Piece EZ- 4" Quad Rail

-Odin Works- 5.5" Keymod

-Samson STAR 4 -4" Quad Rail

-UTG Pro- 4" Quad Rail

-YHM Mini -4.25" Keymod

-YHM Mini LW- 4" Quad Rail

Any other brand even if is not a name brand suggestion, also Should I try out the one from Ebay?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
I have one of these on my SBR PDW build and purchased from skidtactical no less
I went with the ultra lightweight model as I didn't like the ribs on the slimline

Still a work in progress. have to thread the barrel for a tri lug then put some real sights/optic on it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the Guntec. I purchased one of the 4 inch handguards from ebay. Total POS. It lives in my junk box now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
those looks great, a price is awesome, but ID is small. I think i will go with Odin 5.5"
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]

I like my RGuns 4.25” quad rail. ID is 1.6” and should fit just about any suppressor.

I cut this one down to about 3.75”. I don’t remember the brand... it was some Wisconsin based outfitter that does their own milling. **ETA** DEZ Tactical manufactured the quad rail.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Odin Works also makes a 4.25” keymod handguard. It’s been discontinued and the last few remaining in existence are only available through JSE Surplus. Inner diameter is large enough to tuck just about any can.  Nice looking handguard, but keymod sucks.

New Frontier Armory also makes handguards in 3.5” and 4”.  They only have a 1.3” inner diameter though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
short HG
per usual shop around for best price.
Note: this HG works on mil-spec Uppers, if you have a billet Upper you may have to do some grinding.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
short HG
per usual shop around for best price.
Note: this HG works on mil-spec Uppers, if you have a billet Upper you may have to do some grinding.
View Quote
That doesn’t solve his problem. The ID on that rail is too small to tuck his can. Not to mention UTG is airsoft grade junk.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Brownell's has a slick side handguard from Double Star for about $50. I have one on an AR9 pistol that has a 4" barrel. I.D. large enough to fit most suppressors, easily fits my Griffin Armament Optimus and Rugged Suppressors Obsidian 45. Short enough so that the PSA flashcan extends far enough out so that it can be grabbed and twisted off.

4" Double Star hand guard at Brownell's
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
i wanted a 4" handguard for my PSA 9mm upper with a large enough ID to handle an obsidian

until i found what i really wanted, i ended up buying one of these chinese units

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Keymod-4-Handguard-Picatinny-Mount-Rail-Free-Float-Hand-Guard-4-Inch-With-Screw/273183627951

quality is iffy at best, but it does do the job for under $20 shipped

haven't felt the need to upgrade yet
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

YHM Mini's on these, no complaints. The optics and stocks have changed but not the rails..
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top