Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2020 12:15:04 AM EDT
where can I get trigger, selector etc in retro grey ?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
ar15sport.com

I have made several orders with them over the last month, they are gtg.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ar15sport.com

I have made several orders with them over the last month, they are gtg.
View Quote
+1, and they are very responsive to emails.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
where can I get trigger, selector etc in retro grey ?
View Quote
Actually I have the same question. I assume the OP is referring to parts like the selector lever and bolt catch.

Everything I have found is Black Manganese Phosphate and not Grey Zinc Phosphate. I have parts kits from RRA, Sons of Liberty and Sionics recently...all good parts, but all black.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually I have the same question. I assume the OP is referring to parts like the selector lever and bolt catch.

Everything I have found is Black Manganese Phosphate and not Grey Zinc Phosphate. I have parts kits from RRA, Sons of Liberty and Sionics recently...all good parts, but all black.
View Quote
Earlier posts have the answers you seek

My A1. NDS upper, black Brownells lower. I have replaced all but the trigger and trigger guard with parts from ar15sport.com.  Am waiting on a gray lower from NDS:

Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently soaked a Rock River Arms lpk and some other parts in a bucket of lacquer thinner to degrease for a Rustoleum camo job. The steel RRA parts turned a nice gray color after the soak. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot for posting that picture. I clicked on it and my browser was hijacked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyway our 15th sport is out of The items I would need unless I wanna spend $121 on a whole kit
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Most any decent milspec phoisphate parked LPK will naval jelly (phosphoric acid)  treatment to a nice Colt grey with very little effort.  Nitride bottom basement stuff isn't going to work well unless bead blasted stainless matte look is desired.  Need decent quality parts.  Many retroheads used DPMS back in the day as they worked great for retro color match.  Lots of threads on phosphoric acid treatment to change black steel parkerized parts to grey in color.  Cola is phosphoric also not as concentrated as NJ.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top