Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2021 2:29:44 PM EDT
Do any of you guys have an issue with the PMAG GEN3 over insertion tabs in these pouches?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven’t run into an issue with the Army-issued MCT M3s I carried in Tall Esstac 5.56 Double KYWI Pouches for about a year. I didn’t swap mags in and out of them in training very often, but the dozen or so times I did, I didn’t have any problems. I switched to the Midlength Esstac 5.56 Double KYWI Pouches about a year ago and haven’t found any issues with those either, but again, I haven’t had the chance to do a ton of training with them. Are your tabs getting hung up on the pouches, or are you considering trying them?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you...

Considering purchasing them. I emailed esstac and support told me they would be fine. Just wanted to check with someone that has used them.

That settles it.

I'll make my purchase.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't had trouble with the Esstac pouches and Gen 3 PMAG's, although most of my shooting has been done with Gen 2 and USGI pattern mags.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Delayed double tap!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]
That's good to know.

I'm new to the AR platform. I've purchased a lot of mags and realized my rifle likes the GEN 3. The only mag that will freely drop when released, and I don't have to jam in... I have OKAY and PMAG GEN2's that don't drop upon release.

I liked the retention of the polymer insert in the KYWI's but didn't want to waste money on something that didn't function well with my mags.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Late to the game but the 3's are all I run and they've done well with Esstac. You're good, order with confidence and be sure to make a snarky comment in the order comments. Like chili has no beans or 45 over 9, maybe even 1911 over glock, and wait for a few surprises in with your order

<-- has previously done that and found out
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]
"Late to the game"

Right on time!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Bro KYWI's are good to go. Just buy them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bro KYWI's are good to go. Just buy them.
View Quote

DONE!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top