Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2022 8:04:35 PM EDT
what switch do you guys use for both a mawl (or peq15, etc) and white light?    two different switches?   one with two buttons?

i have unity hot button at the moment for the modlite with okw head.   if i put a mawl on there, what switch should I get for it?

show me your setups, please   (or point me to a link if there's already a pic thread
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the onboard buttons on the LAM.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
SR07-D-IT or dual modbutton lite setup or the Unity TAPS SNYC
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I have your exact same setup with the Modlite OKW and the MAWL C+. I want my IR and my visible light separate systems. I don’t want the chance of hitting my white light when I’m trying to slink in the dark. I don’t want even similar buttons to fumble fuck around in the dark with. To meet these goals, I use a Surefire Z68 tailcap on the OKW white light. I machined off the bezel so it would fit tighter to the rail without hitting the MAWL. Then the MAWL is used with its two built in pressure buttons for mode A and mode B. No cables to manage or get hung up. My support hand thumb controls either package. I can’t think of any reason you would ever need both IR and white light at the same time.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks!  very helpful
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

I use the Hotbutton in front of the MAWL fire buttons, but have a TAPS dual laser for being able to fire the MAWL while shooting support side. I can activate my Modlite via the button on the DS00 tailcap when firing support side as well.

Looks busy, but works very well and is completely ambi. It also keeps white light and IR completely different.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have your exact same setup with the Modlite OKW and the MAWL C+. I want my IR and my visible light separate systems. I don’t want the chance of hitting my white light when I’m trying to slink in the dark. I don’t want even similar buttons to fumble fuck around in the dark with. To meet these goals, I use a Surefire Z68 tailcap on the OKW white light. I machined off the bezel so it would fit tighter to the rail without hitting the MAWL. Then the MAWL is used with its two built in pressure buttons for mode A and mode B. No cables to manage or get hung up. My support hand thumb controls either package. I can’t think of any reason you would ever need both IR and white light at the same time.

https://i.imgur.com/u53b8R3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GQYyh6R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PapbcNQ.jpg
View Quote

For me it would be nice to sync up white light and vis laser.  I used to turn my vis laser to constant on and manipulate my white light with my thumb, especially when working in a gas mask.  Then after the laser times out I'd have to cut it back on real quick.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top