BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2021 8:31:53 AM EDT
delete

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you trying to stick your eyeball inside the optic?

An Aimpoint doesn’t look like a can any more than any other optic if you have your eyes open and the optic is mounted towards the front of the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you trying to stick your eyeball inside the optic?

An Aimpoint doesn’t look like a can any more than any other optic if you have your eyes open and the optic is mounted towards the front of the receiver.
View Quote

I've honnestly only ever played with the EO Tech and open sights  - I just like the idea more of still having that "open field of view" to a certain degree, as opposed as to looking through a traditional scope. Granted I understand that the Aimpoint does not have to have magnification like a traditional scope, or an ACOG (which I do NOT want), but if the Aimpoint (like a PRO) will still give me that open field of view, I am ok with that.

Just a little green on some of all this is all, thanks -
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of Holosun HS510C that I'm happy with. I would post this thread in the Optics, Mounts and Sights section though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Well eotech, vortex  and sig are the only companies making holo sights that I know of.

Holosun makes the 510 which is a red dot but open emitter style like a giant rmr.

He'll for what you want get an sro and put the hd shroud on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:25:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure how the OP was worded, but based on the replies I have a good feeling

Just a few comments....as far as red dots go, lumping all into this category, I have EOTechs and Aimpoints....I have used a friends Sig Romeo (I think that is the model, he paid $160 for it) and it was not bad.

As far as non-magnification sights go, I really like the EOTech's and if you are after an "open field" sight, then EOTech is the answer.   Even with all of the bad press from about 4 years ago, I have never had an issue with an EOTech....I have the EXPS series...had a 512 about 15 years ago and it too was not an issue.

As far as Aimpoints go, I have the Comp M/ML 2, 3, and 4's in my collection and they are built like a tank,  I really like the M4S.  All are in Geissele mounts except one is in a GG&G cantilever mount

Bronc
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top