Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/15/2020 10:11:52 PM EDT
Which way does a crush washer go on?  This is my first build.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Convex towards barrel shoulder
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Narrow end tward the
shooter, the funnel, or "V" to the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to see people helping and not beating someone up for asking a question. We have all been in the same boat at one point in time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
One other tip is that if you find yourself trying to index the flash hider/ break the proper way is to tighten and back off then retighten. You do not want to keep tightening the device until it times correctly. Although cursh washers are not intended to be reused once fully crushed, they can be crushed a bit at a time until the device is timed accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One other tip is that if you find yourself trying to index the flash hider/ break the proper way is to tighten and back off then retighten. You do not want to keep tightening the device until it times correctly. Although cursh washers are not intended to be reused once fully crushed, they can be crushed a bit at a time until the device is timed accordingly.
View Quote

Negative.  
If the MD is backed off at all during the tightening sequence it is to be discarded per the TM.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
every time I have tried to use one I felt like I would shear the barrel extension pin before I made it 10 degree's those things are worthless IME
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
every time I have tried to use one I felt like I would shear the barrel extension pin before I made it 10 degree's those things are worthless IME
View Quote

Clamp the barrel.

That said, I use shims on everything anymore.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the accuwashers
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top