Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 3:11:43 PM EDT
I want shtf chest rig, 4 or 6 mag, preferably permanently attached pockets, that won't dig into my back when seated in a car.
Not sure if blue force gear m4 ten speed will fit the bill - the buckled are pretty far back. My only experience is trying to just condor 6 cell, and it dug in horribly when seated in my car, but also extends for inches past the cells and has buckle and 2 slides per side.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If you ever need 4-6 mags, you will not notice the discomfort.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want shtf chest rig, 4 or 6 mag, preferably permanently attached pockets, that won't dig into my back when seated in a car.
Not sure if blue force gear m4 ten speed will fit the bill - the buckled are pretty far back. My only experience is trying to just condor 6 cell, and it dug in horribly when seated in my car, but also extends for inches past the cells and has buckle and 2 slides per side.
View Quote

The problem with the condor chest rigs is that the whole rig is overly large and the buckles and triglides are massive. This would definitely cause some discomfort. Any good name brand chest rig would be better than a condor rig. I like the ten speed chest rigs. They are simple to use and work well for the intended purpose. My only issue with them is the connecting piece that links the two shoulder straps was a little wide, so the straps didn't really sit on my shoulders properly. Ended up having a buddy of mine cut and restitch them together. Mayflower makes a decent chest rig as well. If you are looking for something that still has 4 mags, you might consider the HSP D3CRM rigs.

The only oither thing to decide is whether you want to build one up, get one that is pre made, or go half and half like the ten speed
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
HSGI seems comfy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
SKD Pig UCR

Link
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
My BFG RACKMinus and Tactical Tailor Mini MAV are both comfortable in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tigerx:
SKD Pig UCR

Link
View Quote

That’s a good looking rig and holds a good amount of magazines.  Do you wear it with a minimilist plate carrier?  Do the two middle pouches have any type of retention?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lew:
My BFG RACKMinus and Tactical Tailor Mini MAV are both comfortable in a vehicle.
View Quote

I bought an older 6 cell ten-speed BFG
Its supposed to be 3” narrower than 4-cell flanked by molle

The mini MAV looks nice and narrow, bur buckles may fight my backpack. Its tough, im trying to combine hiking pack chest rig and pistol belt w appendix holster for end of world, everything gonna fight each other for real estate.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
On all my deployments I always carried 4 mags total. However, we had long dismounted patrols, so cutting down the weight. I am not a fan of double mag pouches. They get bulky. My suggestion, have 3 mags in your carrier and one in rifle. Then, have a battle belt with an extra mag on there. If you need more mags than that, you are screwed
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Haley Strategic D3CR Heavy is what you seek. Enjoy mine, though may swap to an H harness at some point (they now ship with an X-Harness)
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Look at the Mayflower (made by Velocity Systems) or LBT-1961 offerings. The LBT rigs are pricey but competitive when they have 30% or more sales.

Velocity Systems

LBT
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Haley Strategic D3CR Heavy is what you seek. Enjoy mine, though may swap to an H harness at some point (they now ship with an X-Harness)
View Quote

Thats what I got.  Why the H harness over the x?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thats what I got.  Why the H harness over the x?
View Quote

It can be a little awkward for adjusting, whereas the H is more straightforward.

However after messing around with it a bit more today, and some shooting, I think the X is fine.

I'm not the biggest guy, so I have a LOT of extra straps just hanging close-up I'll need to find some brown electrical tape or something to keep it neat
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Just got a Helikon-Tex Training Mini Rig direct from Poland for about $100 ($76 USD plus $39 Shipping - I couldn't find any in acceptable colors, stateside right now). It's really nice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#14]
is it going on armor?

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SKD Pig UCR

Link
View Quote

I have been trying to buy a PIG from SKD for close to 8 months,....when you order, you have to click on color....nothing comes up and so it is not in stock.  I have emailed these people close to 10 times asking for availability, not one reply from SKD....If that is the way they run their business, I won't buy from them.

I found a good used one on the EE, for half the price of a new one and it is great.  I highly recommend the PIG, too bad SKD is the only supplier  

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have been trying to buy a PIG from SKD for close to 8 months,....when you order, you have to click on color....nothing comes up and so it is not in stock.  I have emailed these people close to 10 times asking for availability, not one reply from SKD....If that is the way they run their business, I won't buy from them.

I found a good used one on the EE, for half the price of a new one and it is great.  I highly recommend the PIG, too bad SKD is the only supplier  

View Quote

He responded to me about something else in 2-3 days.  I’ve noticed that as well about ordering the PIG from them.  There is no way to order one.

I’m going to try one of the BEEZ chest rigs.  I could not find many reviews from n them unfortunately.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#18]
BDS Tactical. V-OPS. Designed for use in a vehicle, and you get to customize it as to mag pouches and other pouches/ accessories. Very well-made.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top