Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2018 1:05:38 PM EDT
I don't want to pay for a bravo co handle, I think it is crazy to pay that much. Tried another that did not fit my bravo co upper , what will.

Thanks tim
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it a milspec or reputable charge handle that wouldn't fit?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Any milspec handle should fit your upper.

Look into Strike Industries, their handle is nice for the price. You can sometimes get it on sale for $25. If that's too much, you might as well stick with whatever your rifle came with

I used to turn my nose up towards expensive charging handle, too. But the BCM Mod4 can be had for about $40 and is worth it imo
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people's definition of expensive is quite amusing to me.

Of course I just paid Brownells insane price for two Colt charging handles.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't want to pay for a bravo co handle, I think it is crazy to pay that much. Tried another that did not fit my bravo co upper , what will.

Thanks tim
View Quote
Didn’t fit? Was it an ar10 CH?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What will?  Any milspec charging handle.  You must have picked up a chicom POS left over from Sandy Hook, or an AR10

Life is too short for cheap, cheesy charging handles.  I am sure PSA has something reasonable that will work.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW - I bought an RRA m4gery (admittedly not a budget rifle) and the only mod is a BCM handle. Amazing difference.

Charging handle is one of those pieces that gets used as much or more than other pieces, right? If my budget was tight on a build I'd go cheap on other parts and have a BCM mod 4. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there any place still selling the old style BCM mod 4? Or are they completely gone?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there any place still selling the old style BCM mod 4? Or are they completely gone?
View Quote
Isn't the 4b better?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I've tried a lot of different charging handles and Geissele is all I will buy now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Isn't the 4b better?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't the 4b better?
Possibly, but I standardized on the older model... And I don't like change.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Isn't the 4b better?
View Quote
I have both. Prefer the original personally but dont hate the new one
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't cheap out.  Geisseleallthethings..!!

BCM is nice, I have several.  Also have a couple of Geissele.  That's what I'll be buying in the future.  They really are worth the money.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't the 4b better?
But - but - but it has a "b" so it "MUST" be better!?!?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't the 4b better?
How would you describe the difference?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try here
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Try here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try here
I appreciate the link, but I'm not looking for the ambidextrous model.

I'm sure others are though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've tried a lot of different charging handles and Geissele is all I will buy now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't cheap out.  Geisseleallthethings..!!

BCM is nice, I have several.  Also have a couple of Geissele.  That's what I'll be buying in the future.  They really are worth the money.
Are these really that much better than the BCM or Raptor?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Personally the G charging handles are too big for me, at least on a gun when carried with a sling.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Latch on original 4 is slightly larger. Easier for me to get at gloved. 4b does move the pivot point to what may be a stronger method. I have heard but have no hands on experience that the 3b is closer to the latch size of original 4 (best of both worlds?)

Top original 4, bottom 4b
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quality wise I would say they are all pretty close.  The Geissele is just much more ergonomic for me personally.  Fits my hand really well, doesn't tear the shit out of my fingers during use and comfortable when slung.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Latch on original 4 is slightly larger. Easier for me to get at gloved. 4b does move the pivot point to what may be a stronger method. I have heard but have no hands on experience that the 3b is closer to the latch size of original 4 (best of both worlds?)

http://i.imgur.com/0mZqZZk.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/0mZqZZk.jpg
Thx huge for this side-by-side comparison. I settled on a mod4 after buying one of each and testing them all - honestly kinda irked that BCM wouldn't keep something so good and apparently popular. Mainly becasue I plan(ned?) on buying a dozen or so to stock my 'parts bin'
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thx huge for this side-by-side comparison. I settled on a mod4 after buying one of each and testing them all - honestly kinda irked that BCM wouldn't keep something so good and apparently popular. Mainly becasue I plan(ned?) on buying a dozen or so to stock my 'parts bin'
View Quote
There is nothing more frustrating than having something that you standardized on discontinued. Now I'm not sure if I should give the new BCM handle a chance, or just go with something else altogether.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There is nothing more frustrating than having something that you standardized on discontinued. Now I'm not sure if I should give the new BCM handle a chance, or just go with something else altogether.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Hey - maybe we a start a thing where we each buy one and then send the 'evaluation group' to one person - s/he tests and then buys whatever s/he wants then sends the 'evaluation group' to the next person to make a decision?? Unsure about logistics, but I like the idea ...
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just picked up my second one. I’m with you. Never thought there could be much difference but wow, the Geissele is a whole nother level.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I personally love Raptor CH
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Radian Raptor LT's. Just as good as the normal Raptor's function-wise but for a little less money due to the polymer "grip" vs the skeletonized. I have seen them regularly below 60 dollars and have managed to snag them under 50 during sales.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top