Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2021 12:47:57 AM EDT
Hello Everyone. I would like to put a Midwest industries free float hand guard on a 20” Colt AR15 A4, but I do not know which one will fit. I am looking at the Midwest industries Combat Handguard 15”, the Midwest industries Slim Line HG 15” and perhaps the Midwest industries Gen4 handguard 15”. Which one would fit the best? My gunsmith will be taking off the front sight and I am ordering a Midwest industries low profile all steel gas block to go with the handguard. I guess my main concern would be that the full length rail (I do want a full length rail) would correctly line up with the rail on the Colt receiver after I remove the carry handle sight revealing the rail underneath. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of those will work.  If you are worried about the look check out this thread first:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/What-Rail-Length-Do-I-Need-A-Guide/12-751983/
View Quote

Great post! Thank you for sharing. I have been thinking of the midwest industries handguards but then i read that these handguards are not mil-spec and were very thin; therfore, i am looking at Geiselle mk 8 super modular handguards. The 15 inch looks like it would be compatible with my Colt AR15 A4 20 inch.  I have a Geissele SSA-E trigger in the colt and I am very happy with it. I would like to add the Geiselle handguard and a Geiselle low mount gas block. Do you have any experience with the Geiselle handguards?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Wow! Good looking pics! Thanks!
Ray
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Looks good. What gas block did you use with the MK8?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top