Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2022 1:09:04 PM EDT
Have an upper with a Faxon 16" pencil barrel and an Odin Works 12.5" O2 Lite rail. Nice and light. Want to build another similar themed upper. Only thing I'd change is puting mlok on 8 sides instead of 4 in order to mount my light in the 1:30 position without having an offset 3rd piece go between the light and rail adding weight, cost, and point of failure. Most of the rails that have this feature are either much heavier or are carbon fiber and therefore much more expensive and hard to find.

Are there any lightweight (<10oz) options that are less than $250?

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill and should just get another O2 Lite and an offset?

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM MCMR is light and has lots of M-LOK slots.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at a buch of rails and it looks like I missed that the BCM MCMR and MI Combat rails in 12.5"  seem to get just under my price and weight limits. For some reason I thought both were heavier. I guess this is what I'm looking for.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The BCM rails are solid and I like them. The MI rails I'm sure are great, but I can't do the aesthetics of their (or any similar) rail to barrel nut clamp style.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked at a buch of rails and it looks like I missed that the BCM MCMR and MI Combat rails in 12.5"  seem to get just under my price and weight limits. For some reason I thought both were heavier. I guess this is what I'm looking for.

View Quote

Have both, like both. The MI is marginally easier to install. If you really want to watch your weight, both are available with Ti barrel nuts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The Midwest rails are feathers compared to how they look. This one is the gen3 flat top. My light has enough clearance (with the griffin front sight) to mount direct with no mount.

The clamp style is off putting at first but has held up as good as any other I’ve owned without the loctite that’s included.

The qd sockets are perfectly sized and overall I’m glad I grabbed a Midwest. I paid 180$ a few years back.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys. I also found a rail by Sharps Bros that is only $130, but I couldn't find any good reviews here or anywhere else and for this upper I'd like something more proven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top