Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2021 11:15:43 PM EDT
I recently completed this lower and noticed that the safety lever does not sit at a right angle to the markings. I've swapped the selector with another one from the same brand and a different brand and they all sit the same. Is it reasonable for me to expect the manufacturer to take this back? It appears that the hole for the selector detent was drilled too far forward. I think it looks like crap.

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
As stated, slim possibility that the detent channel needs cleaned up on the selector.

Most likely culprit is the detent hole location in the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
i had a Range tool lower with the detent hole drilled wrong, exact same results.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Could it be that the safety hole was drilled in the incorrect spot ?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Depending on how you read the drawing there is a +/- tolerance for a straight line through the selector hole and the detent hole. Read it one way and they are supposed to be inline. Read another way there could be a .003" difference in their location. not sure .003" would cause a problem.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA
View Quote

Lol. I was going to ask if it was from PSA.

Love their stuff but I had one like that on a complete pistol. They replaced it no problem but I ended swapping it with an ambi anyways.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:00:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on how you read the drawing there is a +/- tolerance for a straight line through the selector hole and the detent hole. Read it one way and they are supposed to be inline. Read another way there could be a .003" difference in there location. not sure .003" would cause a problem.
View Quote

.003" is the thickness of common printer paper, so no, would not make a noticeable difference.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#9]
For those of you guessing, you were correct. It was PSA. They did replace it. Unfortunately, I had to pay another $20 to my FFL.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top