Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2022 3:15:12 PM EDT
I was wondering if its possible to buy a Wolf T91 BCG by itself without the upper, and if so, where?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
T91 tactical sometimes has them.  

Iirc, the colt piston bcgs will also work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Adams Arms piston bolt carriers will work also.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
T91 tactical sometimes has them.  

Iirc, the colt piston bcgs will also work.
View Quote

Yes but they need modification, the T91 doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think Adams Arms piston bolt carriers will work also.
View Quote

Yes but they need modification, the T91 doesn't
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes but they need modification, the T91 doesn't
View Quote

What modification?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What modification?
View Quote

in order to work with the 416
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Well you should have come out and asked about HK416 compatible bolt carriers, that's a different animal. I asked the question last week and was told the T91 bolt carrier is not compatible with the HK416.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:18:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well you should have come out and asked about HK416 compatible bolt carriers, that's a different animal. I asked the question last week and was told the T91 bolt carrier is not compatible with the HK416.
View Quote

My question was basically to find out where I can buy a T91 bcg without having to buy the whole upper.

as far as being compatible, I got the intel from Marvin, he told me the T91 bcg is the only one that works without any mods....
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My question was basically to find out where I can buy a T91 bcg without having to buy the whole upper.

as far as being compatible, I got the intel from Marvin, he told me the T91 bcg is the only one that works without any mods....
View Quote

I'm looking to modify a BCG for a 416/MR556 upper, heard some people modified the Colt piston BCGs to work.

I have mills and lathes at work, can you PM me the specific modifications needed to make something like the Adams Arms BCG work? I've been looking for the info.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm looking to modify a BCG for a 416/MR556 upper, heard some people modified the Colt piston BCGs to work.

I have mills and lathes at work, can you PM me the specific modifications needed to make something like the Adams Arms BCG work? I've been looking for the info.
View Quote
@Phil1712

I'm sorry, I'm in the same boat as you, I was told by Marvin that Colt bcg need minor modifications to work, and the only one that will work as is its the T91 bcg. we never talked about Adams Arms....
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I have an Adams Arms piston bolt carrier on it's way to me, and can take measurements of it and my Wolf A1 bolt carrier when it gets here. I also have a Brownells HK416 compatible bolt carrier on order, and will do the same if it ever ships.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, I have an Adams Arms piston bolt carrier on it's way to me, and can take measurements of it and my Wolf A1 bolt carrier when it gets here. I also have a Brownells HK416 compatible bolt carrier on order, and will do the same if it ever ships.
View Quote

I have 2 brownells bcg on back order also, never heard of the Adams bcg, but if it works I'll be interested, it's basically all I need to complete my 416 clone, besides the barrel that its also on back order....

My original post still the same:

Does anyone knows where I can get a T91 bcg? I found the whole upper but I don't feel like spending $550.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

So I put together a weird hybrid HK416-ish build that, with limited testing, surprisingly works with the Adams Arms bolt carrier. I did not try the Wolf bolt carrier since the other worked, but there are definitely differences.

The Wolf A1 bolt will NOT fit in the Adams carrier. The standard AR bolt with gas rings installed fits perfectly in the Adams carrier, so the internal diameter on the Wolf carrier is slightly larger. Also, the tombstone where the piston strikes the bolt carrier is about 1mm further forward on the Adams than the Wolf. Neither carrier has a domed inset for the HK piston, but that didn't seem to be a problem with my setup.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top