Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2020 8:06:58 PM EDT
So the wolfs are around for 450 right now and the AA are around 500. Which one of these would be better in terms of reliability and overall functionality? Going to be a bullet hose and general use little carbine, the Wolf comes with a front sight and the AA doesnt, and the AA is a little more expensive, is there a gainful improvement over the Wolf to be worth it? Any input is appreciated.

Rock
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the Wolf T91? I'd take one of those over an AA any day...
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, and I corrected the title.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no experience with the AA uppers nor the T91 in 12.5 however, I had an early release Wolf A1 16" model with over 1k rds and had no issues. I currently have a T91Tactical 14.5 upper and also have no issues although I haven't put as many rounds through it yet. Some cons.. you won't have backwards compatibility with regards to certain parts like AR bolts. If you want MLOK rails or extra pic space, you'll have to spend extra for those hand guard updates. I hope that's helpful some.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Decided on going with the T91 12.5 upper, from ammunitionstore.com. Got the upper and 500rds of wolf gold for 615 shipped. They only list the 16.5 upper with the ammo as a package but if you call they will bundle the other lengths with the ammo for same price.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top