Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2023 12:26:21 AM EDT
I'm a leftie (left-handed not a commie) and had my upper for quite a while. Never really thought about where different powered rounds would go with the Wolf A1 since none had ever hit me in the face. A couple months ago I went shooting with some friends and watched where a couple different loads were ejecting while someone else fired my rifle.

My rifle: All stock Wolf A1 upper, A2 lower with A2 fixed buttstock and standard rifle buffer and spring. A2 length stocks just work for me, I'm 6' tall with long arms.

We first fired a 30-round magazine of 1992 vintage British Radway Green SS109. It all cycled perfectly with no noticed weak rounds. The ejection pattern stayed between two and three o'clock.

Next we fired 110 rounds (three 30-round and one 20-round magazine) of Wolf Polyformance 55 grain .223. It all cycled perfectly with no noticed weak rounds. The ejection pattern stayed between three and five o'clock with most between three and four. While the empties close to five o'clock would come close to my face they wouldn't hit me.

My conclusion, the Wolf A1 will work for left-handers with most ammo in A2 rifle lowers. And will probably work well on any lower with decent 5.56 military ammo.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
As a lefty, thank you for the info!  These uppers interest me from time to time but do not have one yet.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Braveheart:
As a lefty, thank you for the info!  These uppers interest me from time to time but do not have one yet.
View Quote

No worries on the info! Just remembered finding not much on the subject when I got mine. Knew if necessary a brass deflector wouldn't cost too much.

I've had zero problems with mine so far with about 1,000 rounds through it, mostly SS109. If you can afford to buy one, I would highly recommend that you do.

This is just my opinion, but I consider the T-91 (what the Wolf A1 is based on) to be the best of the AR-15 based piston rifles. Show me one that is better.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top